Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2014

Hot fork buffet ideas

llkit, 10 of September of 2013 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

Just having a small do at a local sports club, and i am looking for tasty ideas for a hot fork buffet.

Any ideas for a chicken hot fork meal that's a bit more interesting than chicken in some sort of white sauce variation?

Any ideas for the vegetarians (not the dreaded lasagne!).

Suggestions welcome, especially any based on experience of what has worked for you. Link to recipes would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

5 replies

Latest activity by llkit, 11 of September of 2013 at 21:00
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Hey, we are having a hot fork buffet too. We are either having veggie lasagne (I know, I know, but it was really nice when we tried it!) or maybe a vegetarian tangine with cous cous. For a chicken variation we may have Thai green curry and rice or tagine or a different curry. Another option was "chicken Provençal" which is in a tomato-based herby sauce. We also might have a fish option (salmon in something or a fish pie) if our budget allows. We are also having salads and breads alongside. Hope that helps!

• L
    Beginner April 2014
    llkit ·
    • Hide content

This is making me so hungry! Some great ideas there, thank you. i would love to have a fish option, but the venues not too big, and there is the smell!

We considered vege sausages and mash, but then mash goes cold so quickly, so its back to the lasagne...

Best of luck with your planning, have a fabulous day x

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh veggie sausages and mash, I might pinch that one! Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks! You should ask your venue what they could do for a fish option - maybe fish and chips? I know what you mean about the "smell" but if its prepared and cooked properly there's no reason for it to be a problem. We're sussing out options with different caterers at the moment - trying to get the most we can for our budget. The thing for me is that I want guests to have a choice and have generous portions, whether our budget allows this is another thing...

Hope you have a great day too :-)

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

For the veggi option what about veg stir fry ,omelette or potato tortilla all quick to make and potato tortilla is also nice cold .

• SevenYears
    Beginner August 2016
    SevenYears ·
    • Hide content

What about a chicken pasta bake? Or a casserole? You could do the same dishes for vegetarians - just swap the chicken for Quorn and/or beans?

We haven't booked our venue yet but we have decided to have a sausage and mash main meal - that way everyone has the same dinner.

• L
    Beginner April 2014
    llkit ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for some great ideas. Our caterer is a volunteer at the sports club, so we are trying to keep it simple as we cannot expect too much, but at £3-4 a head, we are willing to compromise.

Found a lovely recipe for chicken and chorizo in a tomato sauce (nom nom nom)

I like the idea of a vege 'chicken' casserole in particular.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, we do appreciate the input.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics