Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

soontobehismrs
Beginner May 2014

Hot Pink/Turqoise

soontobehismrs, 25 of October of 2012 at 13:24 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey ladies,

We've finally chosen our colour scheme, which will be hot pink and turqoise. It was always going to be hot pink with another colour, we just couldn't choose between green and blue. Anyway, what I wanted to ask was have you got any idea's on where we could throw in the colours? We've had a couple of ideas but haven't got very far.

Flowers - We're totally clueless! Obviously they won't sell turqoise flowers, so do we go with fake, or just go with pink and add a blue ribbon round the stems? I'm not convinced with fake - i've never seen some but have this feeling that i'll buy some, and they'll turn up looking horrific and looking very, very fake.

Bridesmaids dresses - can we go with one in each colour, or both the same colour or two with one colour dress and the other colour can be the belt?

Cake - I'm clueless on this. I did quite like the idea of having a white iced cake with the colour being the lace design? I haven't had much luck in this area yet!

Suits - I think they'll have to be grey, but what colour waistcoat do we go for? What colour cravat/tie? If we go with blue, they could have a pink flower?

Centre pieces - No idea yet, none at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by jules40, 30 of October of 2012 at 21:25
  • C
    Beginner June 2014
    cg090291 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I think its a lovely combination, however as I have been told, not everything needs to be in both those colours. We are having duck egg blue and pale pink so sort of dulled down version of your colour scheme lol.

Flowers - as we are in a similar situation we are having plain white and pale pink flowers and not incorporating the blue at all.

Bridesmaid dresses - these will be duck egg blue and will have the pink and white flowers too. so the bridesmaids will have the pink and blue but not both on both the flowers and the dresses. think it will be too much otherwise

Cake - we havent decided yet either but will probably have a plain cake too with a ribbon but in the main colour (duck egg) the pink is mainly there to just break it up a bit in our wedding)

Suits - again not thought about it, will prob go for duck egg blue and white flowers but this is just off the top of my head as like i say havent really thought about it.

centrepieces - ostrich feather are quite popular and thats the sort of thing that would come in those bright colours. Otherwise you could maybe have floating candles which I'm sure you could find in pink at least.

My advice would be to choose one of the colours to be your main colour for dresses, sashes etc and then use the other to break it up for flowers and centrepieces too.

Hope this helps!

• C
    Beginner June 2014
    cg090291 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry with the suits I meant duck egg blue ties/cravates and white flowers Smiley smile

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

We had hot pink and hot pink! Here are some flashes from our wedding - flowers, cake and balloon centre pieces.

You can just see the balloons behind me. Sorry the pics are so huge!

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

We had a turquoise & pink colour scheme, here are some pics to hopefully inspire you a little!

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

The buttonholes had a small pink organza ribbon on them too:

• chrissyroxanne
    Beginner August 2013
    chrissyroxanne ·
    • Hide content

Found these as centre pieces...think they are really pretty and match your colour scheme and you could get hot pink flowers.?

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    maple ·
    • Hide content

Great colour combination, i think it depends on your preference, sometimes you just have to mix and match and see and feel the real thing to know what you want. have fun and good luck

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

We are going for turquoise as our main colour and then purple as our second colour, so very similar to yours. For our centrepieces we are thinking fishbowls with turquoise water beads and a couple of purple gerbera heads (like these but in our colours):

The purple we are having isn't as dark as this, we have asked for a bright summery purple like the ones below. And we are not having orchids as I don't like them, so they are basically being designed just for us.

For suits we are having grey with cream/ivory waist coats. The groomsmen are all having an ivory cala lily buttonhole so will have a tie like this one: and my H2B is having a turquoise cala lily buttonhole (similar to the one below) so will have just an ivory/cream tie on.

For the cake we are having white icing but turquoise and purple flowers trailing up the side of the cake - similar to the one below.

Hope this all helps - happy planning! Smiley smile

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

If you click on the image below it should open up a larger version on my website, with links to all the suppliers!

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics