Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2014

Hot tubs

loves-young-dream, 5 May, 2013 at 14:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

We are looking to get an inflatable hot tub the lay-z spa (chavvy I know!)

Does anyone have one of these or any hot tub and what do you think of it, do you use it often?

I think we will as we love baths! I could really love sitting in it with a glass of wine, lovely!

11 replies

Latest activity by Irisbride, 7 May, 2013 at 10:27
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

They will cost you a fortune on your electric bill though! Sorry to be dull.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

We have one of those for our son. It isn't expensive to heat. The chemicals are horrible though and even if you use them the water goes horrible we tend to change the water every coup.e of days instead

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I didn't think they were too much to heat! That's a shame about the horrible water though!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a hot tub, but every time I have been in one I tend to get bored after about 10 minutes! I guess it might be different if it was in your own garden though. Also if there was wine. Wine makes most things better ?

x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

OH's parents have a hot tub and when we lived there we were always in it, whatever the weather. Even in the winter it's so therapeutic and relaxing. It's just horrible when it's ttime to get back out! You will not be disappointed, we miss it terribly!!!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We don't have one but we hired a house with a hot tub for my friends birthday and the water went quite scummy by the end of the weekend. The people who owned the house said they change the water and clean it after every rental (I can see why)

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Also we have always filled it from cold which takes about 12 hours to heat up. This year H has fitted a hot tap outside too. Personally I find it boring and don't go in but our son has autism and he LOVES it

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!!

I was going to buy one as Homebase were doing the inflatable ones for £200 at one point but thought the 'leccy bill might bankrupt us from what people had said to us!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Back when I used to work in customer service I would routinely deal with complaints of people that had been promised by the salesman that a hot tub will cost 'less than a penny a day to run'

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Also if you are on a water meter, this will also soon add up. Especially with the cost of water bills increasing by an insane amount every year!!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

We have a proper permanent hot tub and we love it. We were worried about the bills but it actually hasn't been a problem. The water isn't significant as you treat it like a swimming pool and you don't have to change the water that frequently, as you use chlorine and other solutions to treat it. Ours stays on 'economy' so it never goes completely cold. We use it at least twice a week, and it's great for having a glass of wine in! The only downside we've found is that it takes a while to heat up to the right temperature, especially in the winter.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics