Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

hotel block booking- how many rooms?

I-go-by-many-names, 19 of August of 2014 at 13:34 Posted on Planning 0 6

We are likely to have around 100-120 guests at our wedding, most of whom are travelling long distances and I imagine most will want to book the jurys inn hotel which is 2 mins walk from the venue. We are getting married Easter bank holiday weekend 2015 so I want to get in early to ensure our guests have somewhere to book. How many rooms do you think I should reserve?

6 replies

Latest activity by I-go-by-many-names, 19 of August of 2014 at 17:15
  • bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Can't you ring around some of the guests who are further away and ask them if they want a room? I would also send the invites out soon with details of hotels and a note reminding people that the rooms will get booked up quickly.

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Personally I wouldn't bother, you have enough to plan without worrying about people's accommodation - I've put all accommodation options on the back of my invitations and will let them sort it out themselves.

As previous poster mentioned you could remind them that due to it being Easter BH it'll get booked up quickly, but I wouldn't reserve anything, especially as the hotel will have your name and details and may contact you for payment should rooms not be filled etc.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies. I have negotiated with the hotel to give our guests £20 off the normal price. The manager said I could reserve as many rooms as I like but they have to have a cut off 2 months before I.e. if all the rooms haven't been booked by our guests by the beginning of February they will release the remainder of the rooms to the public to be booked by anyone. We will not have to pay for the rooms that haven't been booked. I just don't know how many to reserve. I'm tempted to over estimate and say 50 but is that an unrealistic number for 110ish guests?

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps reserve 30 rooms, and see how it goes?

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah 30 is a good basis, I'd work out how many invitations I've sent as although you have 100 guests you won't have sent 100 invitations, so say you sent 60 invitations, then look at who in those 60 lives far enough away to require a room and book from there, with that in mind 30 seems a good number to go with Smiley smile

• kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest 50.

As long as you get the invites out there quickly, and give the guests enough time to book (ie enough time before the 2 month deadline), it doesn't sound like you have anything to lose going for a large number. You are less likely to be left with disappointed guests, you've done your bit to help them out and the hotel isn't going to charge you for any untaken rooms.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Ok I think I'll go with 50 then. Need to get these invitations sorted then! (Haven't even started designing them!!!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics