Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RogueSnowflake
Beginner July 2015

Hotel Fully Booked

RogueSnowflake, 6 of July of 2015 at 14:31 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi gang, I'm just a bit down today. We booked a large hotel for our reception as we have so many people travelling from far away.

However, we had a call from a guest last night to say the hotel is fully booked and did we know of any others nearby.

I am a bit sad as I think that means the hotel must have another event on in the other conference room that night. There is only one bar and it means we will have to share that and the lounge area with the other party.

I always knew this might happen, so I took the precaution to switch to the room closest to the bar! I'm just worried that our guests will feel they have to stay in the room with the disco, when everyone likes to have somewhere to go for a natter.

On the upside maybe the other event will have lots of young single men as we have a lot of single ladies in attendance!

As there is just one bar it means we can't have a tab, so will have to have drinks tokens or a password if we want to buy our guests extra drinks. Is anyone else doing this?

2 replies

Latest activity by RogueSnowflake, 7 of July of 2015 at 11:37
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

For my sister's wedding, we had the same dilemma as there were only a certain amount of rooms put to one side for the wedding party. I would contact the hotel and get them to notify you of any cancellations (as they sometimes happen! - that's how I ended up getting a room in the hotel for my sister's wedding) and then you can let any guests know who still needs a room.

You could also send an email round to guests outlining some of the hotels nearby.

I wouldn't worry too much about sharing a bar - many a friend is made when you're up buying drinks!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Did you get a special rate for your rooms? Your friend might have picked up the wrong signal from the hotel and it might be that all the rooms you have at that rate are booked but the hotel still has space. I've worked in hotels and seen that happen loads of times. I would check with your wedding coordinator.

• RogueSnowflake
    Beginner July 2015
    RogueSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both,

They say we got a special rate, but I don't think it's any different from the standard. We still told guests to say they were there for our wedding.

I feel much better about it today. These days it's common for large hotels to have 2 weddings on at the same time, and the coordinator told us that the other room might get booked by a dinner but not a wedding, so it's not like there will be bride wars! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics