Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2010

Hotels who provide Caribbean catering

Reney, 7 June, 2008 at 22:50 Posted on Planning 0 25

Help!!!!!

I am planning a wedding for July 2010 and I am now in the process of trying to find a wedding venue preferably in a hotel which provides a civil ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception.

However I would prefer it if we could arrange and supply our own caterers for a sit down meal of approximately 110 guests and an additional 100 guests for an evening buffet. I am originally from a Caribbean background and would prefer a Caribbean cuisine for my guests but unfortunately many hotels request that you use their in-house caterers who do not provide Caribbean cuisine and mainly provide English or European cuisine.

Does anybody know of any hotels which can accommodate a civil ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception around the M25 area that provides Caribbean cuisine or will allow us to use an external caterer? If you do please let me know as this would surely make my day, at the moment I am really stressing because I can not sort the venue out, despite having two years to plan everything!!!!

25 replies

Latest activity by HB14, 18 March, 2013 at 20:51
  • jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

I imagine it would be highly unlikely that a hotel would allow you to use outside caterers. It might be worth looking at marquee venues as they normal don't provide caterers. We've had two friends in the past couple of year who have had marquees in the gardens of private houses (not their own) and provided their own caterers.

• Zoe@krafti-kards
    Zoe@krafti-kards ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Spring (a fellow hitcher) had a Caribbean menu for her wedding, not sure where she got married though but she may be able to offer some words of advice.

Zoe xx

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Zoe is correct, we did have Caribbean food at our wedding and the caterers were fantastic. I asked them after the wedding if they were willing to travel as so many people asked about them and they said yes so if you want to know anything else let me know.

As for venues, i'm not from around there so i wouldn't know of any but our venue allowed us to have external caterers but we didn't have a Civil wedding. I think you might struggle to find somewhere that holds civil weddings and allows you to have outside caterers but there are places out there that will so keep searching. It will work out cheaper too. Just ask if they have a fee for hiring out their kitchen. I know of two places by me that do that but that's no good for you.

Hope that helps

• R
    Beginner July 2010
    Reney ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Thanks, for your info it was helpful

If you dont mind me asking what Caribbean caterers did you use for your wedding and what are the names of the venues that you know in your area. I have been thinking I may have to go further a field if I want to find the right venue.

Thanks once again.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You can provide your own caterer here:

https://www.manorofgroves.com/weddings.htm

http://www.bookmenzies.co.uk/hotels/chigwell,_london/menzies_prince_regent/weddings_&_celebrations.htm

https://www.weddingvenues.com/venue200.html

https://www.weddingvenues.com/venue3113.html

This Restaurant holds 200 people:

http://www.toptable.co.uk/venues/restaurants/?id=3728

This company provides Caribbean Catering:

http://hchefrandy.food.officelive.com/default.aspx

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I am in the West Midlands so that might be a bit far but if not then let me know.

I will email you the details of the caterers i used. They also do a great rum punch as a welcome drink.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure whereabouts in london you are, but have you looked at oaks farm?

https://oaksfarmweddings.co.uk/

it's between croydon and bromley and although it's not a hotel it is beautiful, and has a long list of recommended suppliers who seem to cater for many different types of food (i remember seeing indian, west indian and african on their list, though i must admit i don't recall seeing caribbean).

hth x

• G
    Beginner March 2004
    gemmasilcox ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Not within M25, but Heythrop park hotel in Oxfordshire will let you use outside caterers: https://www.warnerleisurehotels.co.uk

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

On the off chance you might get this email, what Caribbean caterers did you use. I'm in the West Midlands area and need a caribbean caterer. I hope you can help.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Elodia, DW has a good caterer in the midlands send her a mail

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, who's DW. How do I find her, is she on hitched or HOF ;-) xxxxx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Meeeee. I'll email you when I'm home with the details xx

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oops sorry As she said Daffodil waves?

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh Daffodil waves, I know you.... Heheeee xxxxx thanks girls. XxxX

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Did you get my message?

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content

Hi DW, I did thanks very much. I will text her tomorrow. So, hard to find good caribbean caterers. I was suprised when the hotel said we could bring caterers in. :-) xxx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

That is good and rare!! They drop the food to your house to try too!

Why are you going for that food?

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content

I'm black Caribbean, my partner is white Brit. How about you? X

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Other way around ?. Wanted everyone to taste the goodness. Well, apart from my Nan who had plain Chicken ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Mmm Caribbean food, rice and peas, jerk chicken, fried plantain and salad with coleslaw for me please Yummy!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

We had all of that Funky and more. It was delish. People were even taking it home as the caterers had over cooked!

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content

DW I made a complaint to the hotel, the Marriott, Forest of Arden about there listed caters and they have allowed me to bring my own caterers as long as they have correct paperwork.

Funky you have made me very hungry......;-) x

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Good for you. Funky come to my house for some curried goat. I make a mean one ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha Do you actually make it with goat or mutton ? I have not end of problems with this at work! ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

? I can imagine why already. I actually make it with mutton.

• H
    Beginner July 2014
    HB14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm new to this whole forum thing but I am in the West Midlands and am currently looking for a venue with either a choice of Caribbean catering or a venue that will allow eternal caterers. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics