Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

amihohu
Beginner September 2013

Housework Strike

amihohu, 24 of October of 2014 at 09:43

Posted on Off Topic Posts 35

Fed up of doing the majority of it myself. Can't justify hiring a cleaner. How do you split your housework and can it ever be 50/50, or is there always one person that ends up doing the lions share?

Fed up of doing the majority of it myself. Can't justify hiring a cleaner. How do you split your housework and can it ever be 50/50, or is there always one person that ends up doing the lions share?

35 replies

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Off on maternity leave at moment so i do the majority of cleaning but he still does the hoovering, helps with laundry, takes out bins & cuts the grass.

like a lot of you have said he us ridiculously untidy & leaves everything lying at his arse which I go mental at - cleaning is one thing picking up after a grown man is another. I'm not sure if a crap box would work in our house - it usually the endless tins of coke, sweets & crisp wrappers! Plus unopened post.

I'm wearing him down gradually by just not letting up to be honest ie 'were not doing x until you have done a b c' . I know how pathetic that sounds but it generally works. He calls me a bag & I call him lots of things - lazy, dirty, selfish, through other etc. I am being quite wicked about it all but were moving to a bigger house next year so I'm taking a really firm hand now because there will be even more to clean & tidy! Plus with a baby he just needs to.

Live told him if he isn't prepared to do his share he can pay done one to do it, I'm not doing it. Ie the grass cutting, I told him to get out & do it this wkend regardless of the weather because it should have done 2 wks ago. He grumbled so I said a friend gets hers cut for a tenner, I'll get you the details & you can sort it. Ahoy the grass was cut - it's not a big garden, takes 10mins whereas the new house will maybe take 20mins so he needs his ass into gear now.

I hope to work part fine but that's to raise our child, not be a domestic goddess. Depending on his things pan out in the new house we might get a cleaner every other week

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Celticcurl l will bundle them all into the washing basket and they will get washed at some point. I am bored of nagging him about them. Plus petty as it sounds l know it will annoy him as he won't be able to find stuff and will moan about things being washed twice!!!

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Really interesting to read all of this! May have had a minor breakthrough here (although whether it will continue who knows!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics