Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lovelygirl
Beginner August 2011

How am i doing so far?

lovelygirl, 14 of July of 2010 at 11:52 Posted on Planning 0 8

Well I got engaged in may to my gorgeous lovely guy whilst on a go ape course! His father is going to be ordained as a deacon in the catholic church next june, so we are getting married on the 2nd July 2011 and we will be his first wedding Smiley smile We are going to get married in Buckden Towers and then going to my parents village hall for the reception. it is going to be a real family affair with my dad giving me away, chris' dad marrying us, my sisters as bridesmaids, his sisters doing the altar work and readings and then our mum will sign the register with us.

Planning on having a pony and carriage champagne break between the two venues. We are having a hogroast and salad buffet (salad buffet we are being brave and DIYing) We are planning on doing alot of DIY as the budget is small. MIL is going to make lots of bunting to decorate the village hall.

I have already got my dream dress it was the 2nd one i tried on in the wedding outlet shop in burbage for £300 which was bang on budget i tried on a few more but i hardly even got the others on without looking at the other dress and thinking that is THE ONE! no compromise at all fitted perfectly (apart from buttons instead of laces - but they could be put in....)

Booked the church and the village hall and the hog roast man, waiting on quotes for silk florist and pony and carriage, waiting on portfolio for photographer. Putting off buying the bridesmaid dresses till january due to youngest sister going to uni - weight changes for the rest of us were huge in the first year!

What things have i forgotten about? any help will be greatly appreciated!

8 replies

Latest activity by lovelygirl, 14 of July of 2010 at 18:24
  • lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Oops i forgot to mentions that i will be wearing my great grannies veil as it really goes with my dress and the first thing i bought was my tiara Smiley smile

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Wow, haven't you been busy! Your wedding sounds so lovely, and your FIL marrying you is so sweet!

Have you thought about wedding rings yet? At Smooch you can pay by monthly installments which a lot of people find really helpful when they're on a budget, give me a shout if you'd like anymore info...

Have you sorted your shoes yet? That was my favourite part, but I'm mad on shoe shopping so any excuse!

Are you having any entertainment in the evening? Disco or band, that kinda thing? They can get booked up quite early so might be worth thinking about.

Oh, and have you got things like invitations sorted out yet?

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, you've done so much so quickly! Mine is a month after yours and I don't think I've done that much yet! Have you looked at invitations yet, entertainment for the evening? Now you've gotten me worried!
  • lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Well the invitations are nearly finished, waiting on chris to do the inside bit as i have done the cards.... Chris and I are not party people so we have decided to just have music on an ipod (he is taking charge of that as i have no taste in music!) we are planning on having a little boogie and then rolling the two minutes down the road to the village pub with a lovely garden.

Rings we are still in discussion about, as i would be happy for my engagement ring to be my wedding ring aswell as i love it and i have only little hands so no room for two rings! If i do it will be a very thin plain band. He can't decide what he wants....

Now shoes are driving me bonkers! I don't want to spend a fortune as no one will see them as i am wearing a very full princessy dress, saw a pair i liked in new look in the sales but not in my size Smiley sad but i have plenty on time to find some! I need 4" heels as i am only 5ft 2 and chris is 6ft and do not want to look like a dwarf!

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you tried places like Next and BHS? They do some pretty good wedding type shoes

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Yup - when it comes to shoes - i am really really fussy! I know i will find what i want just have to be patient as can always get them next summer season Smiley smile

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Shoes are something you'll probably spend longer finding than your dress at this rate. I'm just hoping for comfy shoes, you don't want to be in agony for the whole day!

Which stores have you looked at, there isn't much on offer on the high street is there?

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Yep definitely longer than the dress! probably by a factor of two already!

I know what i am like and will probably wear about 2 or 3 pairs throughout the day - pair of heels for getting married and photos in, pair of flatties, and probably switch to ballroom dancing shoes for the evening dancing

this is normal for me as wedding i attend as a guest can't see me being any different for my own lol one wedding i notched up 4 pairs and that did not include the trainers i drove there in!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

There must be some big things i have forgotten!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics