Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss-b
Beginner August 2016

How did you ask your bridesmaids?

Miss-b, 11 of December of 2014 at 11:45 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi ladies, I am looking at asking my bridesmaids soon to be my bridesmaids and I wondered how others had done it?

I'm asking my oldest and best friend to be my MOH and my 8 year old cousin to be my junior bridesmaid (I think she's too old to be classed as a flower girls *shrugs*) I had originally thought cards, but wanted to do something a little more than that!

I was thinking of putting together a puzzle or crossword or something for my cousin (she's a brainbox so totally capable) which spells it out once she's completed! And then I don't really know for my MOH.

How did you do it?

Thanks xx

15 replies

Latest activity by Miss-b, 15 of December of 2014 at 12:07
  • P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

I asked before i joined this site and had no idea it was a nice idea to ask in a special way! I was BM a few years ago and my friend just asked me while we were having dinner, and i was witness a year or so ago and was asked over dinner. So when i was out having dinner separately with two friends i asked them both then! Both times when they had a mouth full just to add to the fun haha. It all worked fine for me. But someone recently on here had some chocolates spelled out asking which looked lovely.

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

When I asked my MOH I made her a box up of things that incuded a miniuture bottle of pink champagne, a box of chocolates, the pandora 'best friends' charm and a card that I had personalised that said 'XXX will you be my MOH' and wrapped the box up with a bow in the colour scheme of the wedding!

I then arranged us to have a lunch one weekend, and just before the meal came, I pulled out the box, let her open it, and we both started crying! Obviously she said yes, but it was just so lovely to see her reaction to it!

xx

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Ha me and mine obviously make no effort with each other, i asked one by email, and the other over a coffee but it would have been by text message if we didnt have a rare day out booked together. My friend asked me to be hers over email too (it is our main method of communication though) but again it didnt even cross my mind to do it in a 'nice' way.

There was someone who had lovely chocolates spelling it out on here? Hellandglory I think? Ive seen people who've put together little gift bags with treats and things in and a card asking them to be bridesmaid

I just googled it and theres a few websites with ideas on and although some of them are just slushy ugh, some are quite fun, includes jigsaw puzzles, a ballon that has it written on so you see it when you blow it up, icing it onto a biscuit or cake...

http://www.confettidaydreams.com/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid/

http://www.bridalguide.com/planning/bridesmaids/propose-to-bridesmaids

Happy asking!

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was me! Smiley laugh I gave them to my friend on Monday just gone as it was wrapped up with her christmas presents and she cried like a baby, bless her! I honestly felt like i was proposing to her hahaha. It was lovely though and i'm glad i did it Smiley smile

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Mine sort of assumed really, I never asked! But we've been talking about it for 5.5 years so it was never in doubt.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

I done it the boring way lol. My MOM was told she was being bridesmaid the second I found out, I didn't even need to think about it and didn't want to wait and do anything fancy. I asked one when we went out for dinner and the other I think I text her haha

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I just asked. I got tears - it was emotional. It was just like a proposal only I didn't go down on one knee & there was no ring.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

My BMs are all family members and as we live in different cities, we don't see each other that often. I wanted to ask them all at the same time so I went for efficiency over originality and creativity - I created a Whatsapp group entitled 'Bridemaids'. ?

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, thanks so much for sharing, given me some idea's! I won't be going OTT but wanted to make it fun Smiley smile

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

When I asked mine, I had no idea there were so many ways to make it a "thing"! I asked my MOH at dinner after we went to a wedding show, one BM over the phone and I had to wait until my little sister had finished her AS levels and asked her on the phone too.

I do plan on getting all the girls together for a pamper day before the wedding as a thank you though.

x

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

I asked mine with giant millies cookies. They went down really well.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

^ for my sister who was going to be MOH

< for my girls with their name on the other side

and a bottle of champagne with his name on for the best man.

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    LuxuriousBlueDecor258 ·
    • Hide content

I asked all of mine face to face, as I wanted to be there for their reaction as opposed to sending them something. They're all scattered over the country, so I thought it best to just ask them as soon as I could spend some time with them!

I'm now buying little gifts from Etsy that I can give to them when we all go up to the National Wedding Show in Feb, as a keepsake!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

I had 3 bridesmaids- my sister, cousin and one of my friends

With my sister- looking back I don't remember asking her, it was always a given! When we got engaged she mentioned it and I said of course, that was that. She also said about making my wedding cake and I thought she was joking at first, but she did in the end Smiley smile

I rang my cousin, as she doesn't live near me so I wasn't going to see her for a few months

And asked my friend when we were having a catch up over a cuppa

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again ladies.. Some really lovely idea's! Got the old cogs turning now!

My MOH kind of already knows but I wanted to make it official and my cousin has no idea, so I can't wait to see her reaction!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics