Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BlossomJ
Beginner July 2014

How did you ask yours bridesmaids to be your bridesmaid?

BlossomJ, 16 March, 2012 at 22:48 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi, I am planning on asking my sister, SIL2B and my goddaughter (who is also H2B's niece and goddaughter) but want to do it in a cute way, so just wanted to hear whether any of you did it in a special way? I have seen the "Will you be my bridesmaid?" cards, but my sister will be my maid of honour and my goddaughter as my flowergirl.. So didn't know whether I should try and make each card personal to each maid??

EDIT: and my goddaughter is too little to read hers, so it would really be addressed to her mum (H2B's SIL) and something for her to keep for my goddaughter when she's older.

12 replies

Latest activity by nll08, 17 March, 2012 at 15:46
  • L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

You can get DIY templates on wedding chicks which are nice! I see your a fellow coventrian! Where are you getting married?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately (?) I completely didn't realise that asking your bridesmaids was supposed to be a big "thing" with cards and stuff. So I texted my sister as soon as I got engaged, and then when I got home (we were on holiday in Spain) I called the other two and asked them. It doesn't have to be fussy!

• Tlegs
    Tlegs ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely idea! I think you should personalise them if possible to be even more special.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks I'd seen these, ran out of ink on my printer though and it's probably cheaper for me to just get 3 off the internet rather than buying another ink cartridge haha - being a very bad cheapskate there! ? I'm not from Coventry originally, just here whilst I finish university - we have provisionally booked at Rothley Court Hotel near Leicester as originally from in between Leicester & Northampton!! Where are you getting married?

And I know it doesn't have to be fussy at all, just thought it would be a nice way of letting them know when they'd be needed - especially as I don't live really close to all 3 at the moment ?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

My daughters are our bridesmaids, we asked them when we told them we had booked the venue. They have both been at us to get married for a few years so were ecstatic, the first thing my eldest asked was " woohoo does that mean I get my make up done by a professional? " (but then she is 13!!) , the youngest (who is 7) was interested in looking for pretty dresses so we had a look there and then online, This is might be something you could do with your god-daughter so she can get an idea of what being a flowergirl is all about?

I asked my MOH when we were out for a meal.( wish I'd though of card she could have kept though )

Nice card as a keepsake for her when she is older is a lovely idea too.

Happy planning!

L x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I was a bridesmaid age 9, and can remember how excited I was about it all and my lovely dress and getting my hair done. My goddaughter is only tiny at the moment though and will be 3 when we get married. I'm not really sure she will get excited, although she does love wearing nice dresses and shoes at the moment!!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

We were on holiday when we got engaged, so I sent a text to my MOH saying "Fancy being a MOH?" Lol, I knew it would shock her! She was so excited and confused.

My other bridesmaids are my nieces. One is 9, and lives with my mum. When we came back from holiday she was extremely excited, because I'd always said she would be my bridesmaid, so one evening I called her into the living room and said I had something important to ask her. She was literally jumping with excitement. But I am mean, and said "I've got something really important to ask you.....will you, will you....will you be good for me tomorrow as I am looking after you." Bless, her face looked so confused and she just said "uh, yes." I said, that's all, you can go and play now. And she ran off. My mum told me I was really cruel. She was out on the trampoline, so I called her back and said "oh, I remember, what I wanted to ask you was, would you be my bridesmaid??" She grinned, hugged me and said "I knew that's what you wanted" and ran off back to the trampoline. Not cute and sweet, cruel, but it was so her, because she claims to be a mennace!!! ?

My youngest bridesmaid is only just 3 so it doesn't really mean anything to her, so she doesn't really know that she is my bridesmaid. Hehehe.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

BM1 asked me to be her bridesmaid for her wedding last April - I was engaged by that point, so my reply was 'yes, as long as you'll be mine' - cue lots of bouncing around in her car, which would probably have been safest left until we were *not* driving down the A41...

BM2 I'd invited for a drink/lunch in Covent Garden to announce our engagement (her and her OH are long time friends) and in the bouncy/squee/yay moment of woot we're getting married, I asked her.

BM3 was asked by the mothership.... enough said about that one!

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

The first one I asked was over a drink down the pub and she was so pleased it was a lovely feeling. The second one I texted her as I don't see her often and her words were "omg I am so f**king honored babe!" which was also lovely! My cousin is out of the country so I facebooked her, my other friend just knew she would be as I had just been BM for her and she knows how close we are, the last one my supposed best friend I told on the phone and she didn't seem bothered at all!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I just asked them, no fuss or cards just face to face!! 2 of them live further away so I had to manufacter a 'bridesmaid weekend' (without calling it that!) and then ask them when they arrived.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I just asked my sister on skype and my other two friends via email..

OH asked his closest friends out to the pub to ask them, and then his brother via skype.

I, too, wasn't aware there was supposed to be anything like cards, etc. I thought any BM cards would generally be for the thank yous at the wedding?

I'm sure they'll love it, though, whatever you choose. I think you should do it personalised or each girl, though.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I telephoned them

• N
    Beginner September 2012
    nll08 ·
    • Hide content

I copied this idea. Time consuming but personal

http://www.weddingchicks.com/2011/08/03/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇