Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner December 2015

How did you choose your venue....HELP!!

MrsW2b2016, 25 of May of 2014 at 18:19 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hey everyone,

Me and OH went looking at venue's yesterday and fell in love with one of them Smiley smile At the time OH told me he doesn't want to look at the rest we have booked (quite a few over the next couple of weeks) and that we should just book it!

HOWEVER, we had another viewing today and OH was totally blown away! It's a really amazing Manor House and had everything I had said I wanted (staircase, working fireplaces). We're still going to view the other venues as we have plenty of time, but know these 2 are definitely going to end up being our favourite!

How did you all choose your venue? Was anyone stuck between 2 and if so, how did you choose? There's not much difference in price TBH and I'm soooo stuck!!

Any advice would be great Smiley smile

Thanks as always xx

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsBurton2015, 26 of May of 2014 at 09:35
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

As you view them write a list of pros and cons, if you have too much choice be as ruthless as you can! We chose ours due to the major rip-off the venues are around here, so we have created our own (hiring Yurts and a field) Smiley smile

If it comes that you are stuck between two, go with the cheapest! Or the one closest to home Smiley smile lol

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

I fell in love with ours before I even saw it, thankfully it lived up to expectations in the flesh - although Mr K saw it before me, sent him along to their open day with my ma and pa! It had everything we wanted and ticked every box - close to the church, fab outside space, freedom to put our own stamp on it etc. as the post above said, make a list of a wish list of all the things you want your venue to have, then make pros and cons from all the venues you view.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I fell in love with ours as soon as I saw it - months before we were even engaged! I took OH to see it after we got engaged, and as soon as we drove up the drive he said "Wow!"; before we got out of the car he was saying "Yeah, this would have my mum's approval"; and by the time we'd finished looking round and were sitting down to a meal in their restaurant to talk it over together he said "Just book it!"

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

We only looked at two and weren't sure about either. We then took OH's Mum and Brother to the second venue and they made us see it through different eyes - we realise now that we weren't sure what we were looking for at first, so:

Write a list of what you definitely want and definitely don't want

If you are having the whole day in one place, think about practicalities of the rooms and spaces you can use

Always take someone else with you to the viewing that will have a clear, calm head!

We booked the second venue and absolutely love it now, bonuses being that we can stay the night after the wedding, the grounds are beautiful, the car park is round the back so won't interfere with photographs and the rooms are the right size for the number of people we are having, the first place we saw we realise was too big now.

Plus our wedding coordinator is wonderful Smiley smile

Dawn

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

We saw 'the one' first and just couldn't stop comparing it to the others we looked at - the opportunity to give guests food choices, accom on site, being near the water, exclusivity.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is great advice. We chose our venue because of the location (central London so easy for the majority of people to get to), price (it was fairly reasonable for central London) and feel (it had a laidback and modern feel which we liked). But we are having a wedding party which is quite a different undertaking from a wedding...

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsBurton2015 ·
    • Hide content

We chose ours because we were blown away, had a great package for everything we wanted, easy to find for my family from all over country and it has rooms they can stay in! Also got a discounted price on rooms for all our guests, bonus!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics