Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2019

How did you find your florist?

RomanticPurpleBridesmaid38829, 22 of February of 2018 at 20:25 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi giys! My weddings not til next year but I’m already starting to freak out about the florist. Where did you look to find yours? And what did you look for?

I feel like there’s a lot of florists in my area and I really want to make sure I make the right choice, as it’s so important for me. I’m constantly on Pinterest and getting so overwhelmed!

Thanks ?

10 replies

Latest activity by Simon, 15 of December of 2021 at 19:01
  • F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

For me, the price was one of the biggest considerations when finding my florist. Flowers really aren't that high up on our priority list, but don't get me wrong I do want them to be nice. I'm not bothered about all of the fancy extras. I went to my local florist first, but really didn't like her that much. The appointment was a bit overwhelming and I felt a little bit pressurised. So I started looking for florists who were a little more further afield after contacting a couple and getting ridiculous quotes I looked online. Initially I found a website that had very reasonable fresh flower packages, and I even noticed some pictures of my venue on their website. I always think its great if a supplier has worked with the venue before. I contacted them and we spoke over the phone, she seemed to get my vision and wasn't at all pushy. So, I booked with them! The other bonus was that they also provide chair covers, so I booked those too, meaning its one less additional supplier I have to find/book.

In the end I paid £170 for my bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, groom +5 button holes, top table arrangement and 4 floral wreaths for the centrepieces. That quote was for ivory roses and blue thistle so I want my bouquet to look something like this:

• R
    Beginner July 2019
    RomanticPurpleBridesmaid38829 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Happypinkstationery, wow what a great price! The bouquet looks lovely. Did you just google for florists that do weddings?

Im wondering whether I should ask my venue for recommendations?

I want a bit bit of a boho vibe so I’m ok with spending more as I love flowers! I’m hoping to find someone that can do this kind of thing (Above) sorry the photo is huge I don’t know how to change it!!

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Thank you. But just to be clear, that’s an example from google images, not from the florist I’ve chosen.

I think I googled something along the lines of ‘wedding florist in [location].’ It did take me some time to find one that was in budget and that I felt confident understood what I wanted.

The bouquet you’ve chosen looks lovely! I think my florist charges £50 for large bouquets (based in Notts) just to give you an idea of what you might expect to pay. And lots do package details too, so you could look into those to see if they suit your needs.

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Thank you. But just to be clear, that’s an example from google images, not from the florist I’ve chosen.

I think I googled something along the lines of ‘wedding florist in [location].’ It did take me some time to find one that was in budget and that I felt confident understood what I wanted.

The bouquet you’ve chosen looks lovely! I think my florist charges £50 for large bouquets (based in Notts) just to give you an idea of what you might expect to pay. And lots do package details too, so you could look into those to see if they suit your needs.

• R
    Beginner July 2019
    RomanticPurpleBridesmaid38829 ·
    • Hide content

That’s a great price, I’m in the south, so I imagine it’s going to cost me a bit more!! Did you find when you spoke to the florist that you knew exactly what you wanted and didn’t want it to change, or did she give you some advice/tips on what would look good? I feel like I know what look I want but I’m terms of individual flowers, I hope they can guide me in what looks good!

Ive found a couple of wedding florists online now, going to give them a ring on Monday. Exciting!

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Well she asked me what I had in mind and I told her ivory roses and blue thistle, which she also had in mind after I spoke about colour schemes. So, it was pretty straight forward really!

• E
    Beginner March 2021
    ExpensivePurpleFlowers46447 ·
    • Hide content

I don't go to pinterest because I don't want to expect too much vs. the reality. I found my florist through a wedding fair in my county. They give you samples of their works there. Hope they deliver!

• BristolBride2812
    Beginner July 2019
    BristolBride2812 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I found our florist at a local wedding fair - actually come to think of it it was a fair at our venue! Flowers aren’t massively important to me and we’re on a limited budget so as I was pleased with her prices and liked her when we met I went for it. When I emailed her with my current bouquet inspos she had a great response with tons of info so I’m pleased I made the right choice. I’d say get out to a few fairs - you can usually bag some free cake whilst you’re there too ??

• S
    Curious August 2018
    SpecialEdition1987 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is included in the price of the venue. Seemed stupid to have 2 different florists.

She also fits into our day quite well. She's nice and a bit on the awesome side.

• S
    Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester
    Simon ·
    • Hide content

May we suggest finding your local florist - one with bricks & mortar shops on the high street. These guys are hard working skilful professionals and right now need all the support they can get. Here is an easy way to find florists, contact numbers, see products and reviews. All these florists will be delighted to assist with your wedding plans Direct2florist

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics