Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How did you print onto your place name cards?

10 August, 2010 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 10

Thinking about name cards..... Has anyone printed them and if so... how?

Otherwise thinking paying someone to calligraphy them or maybe stop thinking of the pennies and ordering some professionally done!!

10 replies

Latest activity by GeordieBarbie, 10 August, 2010 at 20:40
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

? You're thinking of name cards already???? ?

To print them you need to buy them on a sheet of card rather than pre-cut. Luckily my Dad is a bit of a dabbler in calligraphy so I got him to do mine.

Get yourself a calligraphy set and get practicing! ?

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

I've started working on mine so I'm gonna have to learn to write really nicely!!!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Indeed! Got to keep your eye on the budget!!

I fyou want to buy blank ones yourself, I bought mine on ebay - about £3 for 100.

While your there - what's the name of the place you're getting married at? Is it Coombe something??

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    lilsparkle ·
    • Hide content

I found a free avery template online which i think was called place cards I could then just load it up and type my names into the correct space print them out and then cut them out with a craft knife and score them.

I got 4 to a sheet of a4 card.

Don't have a picture of the finished product yet but will try and get one later to add to this thread.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya.

If you want to print them there are 2 solutiions:

1. By ready made ones and print out a card slightly smaller than the face of the place card and place it on top as a layer (if that makes sense)
    2. By plain card and set out your place cards using a desktop publisher etc and print straight onto the card then cut the whole place card out and fold as necessary.

If you are looking to get them done then let me know as I could probably do them on a very tight budget if I know what you are looking for.

Hope that helps

Nat

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Yeah - remembered the Coventry bit - couldn't forget that! ?

Thanks - was looking for some hotels around the C******y area ?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I printed mine out on card, then cut them out as strips and mounted them on my place cards using sticky back foam pads.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

It's a work thing. Had a look at the website - looks fab! Do you have that funky bedroom??

It's not big enough for what I need unfortunatley! Doh! Looking for hotels around that kind of area - last 2 years been to the Warwickshire/Daventry area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics