Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

How did you tell your guests you were getting married abroad?

bobby2shoes, 5 May, 2011 at 14:28 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi

We have just booked our wedding in Zante for September 2012 (sooooooooo excited, it cannot come soon enough!!!)

As the title suggests....how did you tell your family and friends that you are getting married abroad? Just by word of mouth or actually send them some info about where and when you are getting married? Do you still send invites? Although I know some people will not be able to come for one reason or another I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by Frugal Splurger, 10 May, 2011 at 10:14
  • ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing invites and including within the envelope some info on the location- where to stay how to get there etc. I'm also including a letter which explains why we're going away, what we hope the wedding will be like (ie. explaining we're having a relaxed day, which day the wedding is on, how long we are staying out there for etc), and to contact us for any more information.I'm getting the invites out a year before the wedding to hopefully give guests time to plan.

Before that though everyone knew by word of mouth, but all the details I sent out in the invites.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Hi bobby2shoes,

I'm a Zante Bride too ! We are getting married in September 2012 ! Where are you getting married and what date? ?

We told people via word of mouth first.

As most all of our guests are close family, we just introduced the idea of getting married abroad as soon as we got engaged. We are just in the process of sending out Save the Date Cards. We are going to Zante again in July to gather ideas and information to use in our 'wedding packs' !

I think we will still send out invitations to both the guests that are flying out with us and guests that are not. We are having a party when we return, so the party guests will get an invite too.

Hope that helps,

Kerri

x

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Zante September 2012 Bride number 3 here! ?

Welcome to the Zante club! What's your date and where's your venue? Have you been before? Oooh I might be getting a bit over excited here! EEEP!

We always knew we were going to get married abroad, so it's pretty much been word of mouth so far. We are inviting close family only, so it will be 'intimate'. I'm currently working on information packs that will double up as invites for the gueats flying out, and will send these out about July time (we're going back to Zante in June and will collect as much information as we can while we're ther. SO EXCITED - 4 and a half weeks left!)

Here's what's in the pack so far;

Contents of Information Pack

1. The Destination
    2. Alykanas
    3. Travel Information
    4. Accommodation
    5. Wedding Details
    6. R.S.V.P

And we'll send evening guests invitations for the party when we get back later next year.

xxx

• T
    Beginner November 2012
    Travellady ·
    • Hide content

A friend who is getting married had a great idea she is prining off luggage labels with to *** and from *** on it with the date/ destination and date of wedding on and is sending those out to her guests- thought it was a fab idea!

Zoe

• B
    Beginner
    bobby2shoes ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies so nice to hear from fellow Zante brides!!

We decided to send round a quick email with the details to get a feel for who will be able to make it then send the formal invites out to the people that can make it in a month or two.

We're having a villa wedding in Amoudi on 7th September 2012. They are taking care of everything for us so all I have to worry about now is finding the perfect dress that I won't melt in?

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    clou1552 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I just booked up to go and get married abroad September 2012 on the blue lagoon, Olu Deniz, Turkey. I have ordered invites from a website called www.zazzle.co.uk you can customise them mine have a picture of olu deniz on the front and details of wedding etc on the back. Hopefully get them this week and will send them out to family and friends to let them know they are welcome to join us. If not i have booked reception for when we come back in Oct 2012

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in Vegas and most of our closer family and friends had been told when we booked it 2 years in advance. We first sent save the dates to everyone (about 100 people) with a letter. The letter just explained that we are getting married in Vegas and that we didn't expect people to go as we understand it's expensive, gave them an indication of prices for flights and hotels, how to ge tthe best deals if they wanted to come, and that we were having a party for everyone when we got home! We were prepared for the the fact that some important people wouoldn't be able to make it (my brother being one) or that we could be the only people going but in total we should have close to 40 guests coming! Everyone who was invited knew that we wouldn't think any less of them if they didn't come and we explained that they should only really come if they genuinely want to go to Vegas anyway. We then sent out official invitations 6 months in advance of our ceremony.

Just be understanding and prepared for all possibilities and you'll be fine. xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics