Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bubblerawk
Beginner July 2016

How did your mum and bridesmaids get to the venue?

bubblerawk, 30 of August of 2015 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 13

Im just wondering how you got/how your planning to get your mum and bridesmaids to the wedding. ive only got 2 bridesmaids and my mum. im running out of money and im trying to find a cheap way of getting them to the venue.

Any ideas? (im in Nottingham)

13 replies

Latest activity by BridgetJonesNoLonger, 31 of August of 2015 at 16:05
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have any bridesmaids, but my mum and dad drove in their car.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Mine are driving themselves.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

Im having my brother and SIL take my mum and then my bridesmaids will go in the car first, then the car is going to come back for me and my dad.

Luckily the the car and driver are my uncle so he's pretty cool with doing that for me

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Same as Lui, as the church was only 5 mins from my venue the car took them first then came back for me. My brother drove my Dad's car and then he brought them to the venue.

Guess it depends how far away your venue is.

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

We are approximately 15 minutes from our venue and the car is taking my mum and two bridesmaids then returning for my dad and me.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I think im going to get them a taxi, its too far for my car to come back and get them. My mum and bridesmaids cant drive and no one else (that i can think of) could drive them as everyone else is leaving from differernt areas of the country ?

Thanks for the ideas though guys Smiley smile

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked a VW camper so me, my mum and dad and bridesmaids will all fit in! Saved hiring 2 cars x

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    Mrsnmac2016 ·
    • Hide content

My church is 100yds from my house hahaha so the car is taking 2 bridesmaids, then coming back for my chief bridesmaid and my 2 little boys then coming back to get me and my dad. my mum is making her own way their as she isnt coming to the house due to being divorced from my dad. after everyone is making their own way to the reception and they will leave the church with their husbands and kids Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm about 200 metres from the church so me and my BMs and my dad will walk Smiley smile I thought it'd be nice to stroll down altogether. My mum and uncles will walk down a little earlier. You're so close!

OP, how far do you need to travel?

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

We all got into a car -mom me and 2 bridesmaids

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

My mum kicked up holy hell and stopped talking to me for two weeks until I booked an extra car for bridesmaids and my mum - I'm having s vintage car and they are going in a luxury merc. At £95 it's the most expensive taxi I've ever paid for lol!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm in Nottingham.

I had a VW campervan for my best woman and 3 junior bridesmaids. The best woman travelled in the front.

I had a 1953 ford pop for myself and my parents. My dad travelled in the front.

Both vehicles can only accommodate 2 adults in the back.

The campervan cost £75 and the ford £50. both single journey although they arrived early for photos.

They are based a couple of miles outside the city. Let me know if you want more details.

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting them a cab. I'm booking with Addison Lee and they have Mercedes Benz available, so I'll book one of those to make it a little more special. I think they are nationwide?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics