Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2015

How do brides go to the toilet?!!

misslynx, 8 of April of 2015 at 15:40 Posted on Planning 0 26

Hi,

I have my dress ordered and I love it. It is a lot fuller than I expected in the skirt and has a train with a hoop underneath to assist the basic task of walking.

How on earth do I go to the loo in it?!

Good news: Disabled toilet at venue is big and right next to the room we are hiring so I will have enough room.

Do people take in 1, 2 or an army to help them go?

Do people leave halfway through? Does this depend what you are going for?!

I am really getting anxious about not eating and drinking for fear of getting on and off the toilet! Any experiences/knowledge of this issue please speak up!

26 replies

Latest activity by SillyWrong, 10 of April of 2015 at 10:17
  • Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

I often read the advice is that it is easier to go 'backwards' with a bridesmaid then holding the back of the dress off the floor and you able to control the front of the dress.

I stayed at a hotel on the night of my wedding and went up to the room to use the toilet, and ended up just taking the dress off and as it had a hoop under it, also having to take that off and then redress to go downstairs.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Really depends on your dress to be honest. I thought i might struggle but it was totally fine on the day. As long as you can pull it all up you should be ok. if it's quite tight around the hips (eg. fishtail) that might be tough...

Not sure about the hoop and how that would work... I didn't have one.

Maybe you can 'pretend to go to the loo' next time you try it on so you know whether you need help? ?

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

I am insanely worried about this matter. I have several thought processes:

• Go forward like the lady in the picture - does this involve me taking off my pants altogether?
    • Take the dress off - I need help getting out of it so would mean being in the toilet in just my pants and heels (as not wearing a bra) in front of my bridesmaid
    • Have a bridesmaid hold the dress up - how do I get my pants down?

I cant decide which is the lesser evil of these options!!!!!

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

These posts have made me laugh...and horrified that i hadnt thought of this! I will also have a hoop and, although not massive, a bigger dress than I had originally planned. this should be interesting ?

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

These posts have made me laugh...and horrified that i hadnt thought of this! I will also have a hoop and, although not massive, a bigger dress than I had originally planned. this should be interesting ?

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I'd just take a bm or 2 in with you to hold it out the way. There's so much material they can't see anything anyway!

A number 2 however would take a dedicated bm!

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I came across this a while ago, it's using a bin bag. The only thing is you need a new one each time you need to go.

here is the link :-)

http://offbeatbride.com/2013/08/how-to-pee

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

I actually considered putting a plant pot in the ladies to hold underneath my dress..... it works when camping.......!!

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    mkw ·
    • Hide content

According to the slightly cringeworthy (male) wedding planner at one venue we looked at, the key is to go backwards. Just in case I didn't grasp this concept, he decided to give me a (fortunately fully clothed) demonstration - in front of not just me and OH, but my mum and dad too! Needless to say we took a pass on the venue....

I haven't actually got my dress yet, but one of the key things on my dress checklist will be "able to go to the loo by myself"!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps my dress wasn't too many layers but I didn't have a great difficulty, just pull it around you and go lol.

hrw did you receive my email?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yep, my shop told me to sit the other way round too, which is exactly what I did! Took my knickers off and straddled. I had a hoop and it was actually easier than expected. Took a bridesmaid with me but didn't need the help in the end.

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

Glad there is an option to wee with a hooped dress Mrs Shep! lol!

Love the picture of 'going backwards' - I will definitely try sitting on a chair backwards when I have my dress alterations!

Now I just need to worry about sitting - my dress is corseted so I can only 'perch'

Has anyone ever gone commando in a dress? Is this a better idea for convenience or just leading to trouble?

PS. Mental note made to buy a plant pot for emergencies!

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*chuckle* I regress to a childlike state when poo is mentioned

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Yep - I had a fishtail dress and went backwards (or face towards the toilet cistern) after removing one leg from pants with bridesmaid holding train of dress. Could have done it without a bridesmaid to be honest. It wasn't that difficult. I got so hot in the dress I didn't need to go as often as I thought!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Excellent post! Making me giggle lol

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I have thought/worried about this!! Ive had a baby, that's my excuse for lack of pelvic floor muscles... it is a TINY toilet up the tiniest set of stairs ever above our reception venue. So I plan on peeing at the registry office in disabled loos upon my arrival, then not again til it's all over ?

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

I had an underskirt with a hoop so I held the hoop up while my mum stuffed the dress inside. the hoop was big enough to hold all the skirt of my dress. The I could go on my own having one hand to hole the hoop and the other for essential toilet duties. When i came out I jus dripped the hoop and jumped up and down a few times and presto my dress was back to normal

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

I helped my friend go on her day, was just a case of hoisting it all up and holding it above her waist whilst she went. Our venue has its own "bride's room" with its own toilet so I think I'll just march a couple of BMs in there when nature calls

Same goes for number 2 - these are my oldest buddies, I'd expect nothing less ha ha ?

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Thankfully I only had to go once! I'm weird and I can't go when there's someone with me but I managed fine on my using the backwards approach and I had a very full skirt too.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I'm quite funny about someone standing inside the toilet cubicle helping me, however when I've been in town and had a few too many I'd of had any of my girlfriends stood in there with me. I'm hoping my height helps me here - most of my dress will be shortened so there won't be a lot of material too shimmy up my waist and hold on to whilst I pee. My biggest thing I'm bothered about is getting the bottom of my dress wet, the ladies loos I've always been in have tissue on the floor, and wet patches round the loo, and water and paper towels all over the sink area.

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

Every time I see the subject line in the forum list, it makes me think it's the start of a one-liner...

'How do brides go to the toilet?'

...yada yada yada yada...

but I just can't think of a punchline. There must be one!

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    Princess Bride 2013 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't even think of this!! Lol I will struggle as I have a fishtail which is very full at the bottom. Oh dear ? should be fun ha

Just mentioned this to my OH and his response

"Well, you'll have to wear a catheter for the day!" Lmao ?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I went to the loo before putting my dress on at about 4pm and then it wasn't until about 11pm when someone asked if I needed to go that I realised I hadn't been at all! My dress was pretty easy to throw over my shoulder, but I had huge control pants on and due to being hot and a bit sweaty (LOVELY!) and way more drunk than I should have been, I coulnd't get them back up properly - my new SIL barged in because I was giggling and said "no use being shy, we're sisters now" and pulled them up for me. Ha ha!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics