Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner April 2012

How do I make a cd?

YeahYeahYeah, 11 August, 2011 at 08:50 Posted on Planning 0 4

We have chose several songs for signing the register and to have on low in the background of the meal. How do I get all the songs on one CD? We have some on albums and some we were going to download (is that even legal ? ) I am rubbish with anything technical, I can do a straight copy of a CD but how do I get different songs from different places onto one CD? Thought of getting an ipod but don't think they have a dock in the church or venue so it would most likely have to be a CD

4 replies

Latest activity by Jason Clark DJ, 13 August, 2011 at 16:13
  • judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Your computer should have something like a 'CD wizard' for burning CDs - it's fairly simple, you just follow the steps.

But you have to be careful about downloads - some files won't let you burn to CD, only load onto MP3 players.Downloading from iTunes or Amazon etc is perfectly legal because you pay for them - file sharing sites aren't.

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

So I could go to Amazon, get the songs we don't have on CD. Somehow get the songs of the CDs we do have, put them in one big file together and make it into a CD?

That's what I would like to do. I feel like such an old biddy, my Mum is probably better at this sort of thing than me!?

Wedding not for 8 months but it would be one job out of the way!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

If you have itunes or the likes, you can load your CD's into it. Create a playlist of all your songs that you want, then burn it to CD. Or instead of burning them to CD, you could move the playlist onto an MP3 player. Most Venue's now have the facility to play Ipods and the likes.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Only use legal download sites that you pay for. You are then fine to put these on one CD for your personal use.

Check your venue has a PRS licence - otherwise it would be illegal to play the music. If they are a reputable business they should have one though.

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Check out;

http://www.tunechecker.com/

Its a comparison site for MP3 downloads. If you're going to download many tracks, you can easily save a few pounds.

There are lots of programs for creating an audio cd from MP3, but if you post back with what you use (Mac/Windows) and if you are an iTunes user, I'm sure you'll get some more specific help.

Jason

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics