Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

How do I tell guests not to post photos on social networks?

celticcurl, 13 of January of 2014 at 15:59 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi,

The only thing that is worrying me about my wedding is guests posting photos of me on any social networking sites. My closest friends all respect my wishes in this - they know the full history and reasons why but I don't want to have to go into details with all our friends and family (150-200 guests). How do I ensure they don't do this without coming across bridezilla or having to answer awkward questions.

All advice appreciated.

13 replies

Latest activity by Emmasund17, 16 of March of 2024 at 14:14
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I want to say the same to my guests too x

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

This ^^^^ I had a client last year that went one step further and asked her guests not to bring cameras and just enjoy the day and it worked.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I think you can set preferences on fb so you have to approve tags and things? I went to a wedding a while back and they set up a secret group for people to upload photos to.

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content
  • C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I don't mind guests taking photos I'm even hoping they will send us the good ones I just don't want them on social networks. I'm worried if we put it on the invites people might forget by the time of the wedding or even after. This is the only thing that I'm stressing about.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

If people "insist" (that's not the right word, but my brain escapes me today) on using their phones to take photos why don't you download a wedding photo app (i've downloaded wedpics) and they can post them to there instead of any social media sites.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh jen-lou that sounds good. i'm going to look that up! i have no problems with people uploading to fbook- i live there when i ought to be studying Smiley winking haha- but if people don't tag you, pics can be missed so a central collection point would be grand!

i am actually HOPING someone will upload a good pic so i can sent my class a photo for our 'pinterest' display board to introduce them to my new name!

Beginner April 2014
    *PN* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^ You could include something like this in your order of service / order of day too.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I am a teacher and therefore very careful about my privacy settings on facebook. You can definitely set it where you have to approve of any tagged photos before they come up as linked to your profile. You can do all sorts. I even have a photo album of my own on there that has photos of my dad's second wedding which I don't want my mum to see but all my other friends can :-/

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps I need to be a bit clearer - sorry for any confusion.

I'm fine with people posting photos if I'm not in them - But I don't want photos of me anywhere on these sites - I don't have fb page or any other so they can't be tagged to me anywhere.

I had a nasty stalking incident a few years ago which was only resolved when I involved the police - I am very careful as a consequence.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

You could ask someone (best man or usher maybe) to make a polite announcement before the ceremony begins such as,

"To respect their privacy (bride's name) and (Groom's name) request that you do not post pictures of them anywhere on the internet. Please feel free to post any photos of yourselves and fellow guests. They will however appreciate any good shots of them being emailed or posted to them to include in their own wedding album."

You can also use the opportunity to remind guests to turn off their phones during the ceremony and any other housekeeping issues that come up.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It is not uncommon now for Registrars and Vicars to say to your guests, before your entrance, not to post pictures of the both of you on social networking sites. Could this be an option?

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

We've put it in our invite insert, it will be on the order of service and I might get the vicar to say something as well.

Although we are just asking people to not post until the next day so we get a chance to first! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics