Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

How do you store a wedding dress?

Random Name, 22 March, 2011 at 14:01 Posted on Planning 0 8

I should hopefully be picking up my dress this weekend (fingers crossed)

am buying it from someone who's wedding isn't gOing ahead

my wedding isn't until June 2012 (the dress is too big a bargain to let go). Does anyone know how I need to store it so it doesn't discolour etc?

I will probably keep it at my parents

8 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 22 March, 2011 at 21:49
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I put mine inside a double duvet cover and have spread it out across the spare bed. At some point before the wedding I'll get it dry-cleaned and steamed (it's a little creased) and after that I'll hang it up to avoid it creasing up again, but I'll probably only have it hanging for about a week or two.

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

Mine was in a wedding dress bag which came with the dress from the bridal shop from December to March. My SIL stored hers under a white table cloth!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I think most store theirs in a duvet cover, or dress bag, which is quite often supplied with the dress, then hung up somewhere.

My dress? Shoved in a black bin bag under my mums spare bed. Can you tell i'm not precious about my wedding dress? ?

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is in a dress bag then folded into 4 and in a box under my bed. All our other wedding stuff is at OH's but for obvious reasons Ive had to keep this with me!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies.

is it best to lay it flat? I was thinking about storing it in the wardrobe in my parents spare room.

sooooooooo hope I get it on Saturday

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

I was told by the shop I bought it from to take it out of the bag they put it in when they give it to you and put it in a duvet cover so its breathable....Apparently, the plastic bags can make them sweat and alter the colour of the dress.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good Question,

mine is in a dress bag and won't be used until June 2012 too! Think I may get it out or open up the zip so it can breathe.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Found this link which is quiet helpful /

Think will store it in a bed sheet and lay flat somewhere

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Wedding dress now hanging in a duvet cover in guest bathroom, just hope OH resists the urge not to peek, he promised he won't!

Thanks for the tip ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics