Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How do you 'upgrade' people from evening guests to 'all day' guests if people cant attend?

27 February, 2010 at 23:11 Posted on Planning 0 3

Myself and OH have been talking about numbers for our wedding and wondering how people have gone about 'upgrading' people if some people cant come to the day but you have a minimum numbers policy?

Did you send out all of your invites in one go and then if someone said they couldnt make it, ask some evening guests to come all day? I think I would feel cheeky doing that as it would look like we didnt really want them there all day but as someone better couldnt make it then we would ivite them!!!

Other option we thought is sending out day invites 1st and then evening invites slightly later? Only problem with this is if people talk and mention they have had an invite, would our evening guests that havent yet had an invite presume they are not invited at all???

Think I am thinking into this waaaaaaaaaaaay too much but just wondering what everyone else did?!

TIA

3 replies

Latest activity by MJS84, 28 February, 2010 at 09:51
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I am not doing this myself, but I know someone who did. They sent out their day invites, and then a few weeks later sent out the evening ones and upgraded people that way. We have people who we may upgrade, but they are the kind of people who understand, so we will be telling them they are invited to the evening but if there is a space they can come to the day too.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I did just that.

Sent out the day ones first, gave them 5 weeks to reply then sent out the evening ones, giving them 5 weeks to reply. Of those that couldnt come to the day I was prepared (with spare invitations) to invite evening guests to the whole day......

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Yep, we are sending ours in 'waves' - first wave has gone to family and V close friends (I know it seems early but me and OH work for the same company, so I have had to make sure that our closest friends can prebook the day off as its a Friday). Once I know who is not coming I can send day invites 2 my 2nd wave of good-but-not-that-close friends! Then 3rd wave nearer the time will be night invites.

I got asked to 'upgrade' to a day invite at a friends wedding a couple of yrs ago, and at the time it made me feel a bit like I was not that important to get a day invite, and was second choice. BUT!! that said, now I have planned a wedding I can appreciate that you cant always have who you want because of cost/numbers etc.

Sid xx

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    MJS84 ·
    • Hide content

Thats what we are doing, our wedding is in June and im just about to send out my evening invites once i have all the day RSVP's back which i sent out about 5 weeks ago, any slots that then need to be filled can be xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics