Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naboo
Beginner

How do you wrap up biscuits as gifts so they look nice but dont go soft???

Naboo, 14 December, 2010 at 13:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 28

Hi

As above really Im starting to panic about my hampers now and am making sweet and savoury biccies and dont know how to package them so they look pretty in hamper but will keep for a few days without going soft!! HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks x

28 replies

Latest activity by Naboo, 24 December, 2010 at 11:30
  • Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Kilner jars! My Mum also got me some lovely boxes for them when she was in Ireland but not sure if they keep well in them. Asda, Ikea and Dunelm Mill do nice small kilner jars though and they are cheap?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Oooooo now thats a good idea!!!! I was gonna suggest cheapy plastic boxes but jars are nice...two gifts in one!

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Didnt think of jars!! that would work! Thanks Spangles

I was thinking more along the cellophane idea Crafty Em but Im worried they would go soft as I wouldnt be able to make them airtight!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I have just made a batch of cheese & thyme biccies and will be putting them in cellophane Christmas bags to sell. Will let you know how long they last for!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I made shortbread biscuits as part of my wedding invitations. They were put into celophane lollypop bags from hobbycraft. There is a ribbon that goes round and when you pull and tie it the bag becomes pretty much air tight. My biscuits stayed fresh for days. I know this as have asked those who recieved their invites after a week or so and they said they werent soft at all.

This is the link to the pictures of my biscuits https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/199289.aspx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Where are you selling them Spangles?

I have bought these from Lakeland, although they haven't turned up yet!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for those guys, Tinks that looks like just what I need, do they come in different sizes do you know?

Im not selliung my biscuits just going in hampers for gifts

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I'm selling mine in the beauty salon my mate owns Illi Manilli. Hope they will sell although not going to make much money from them.

Will try and flash the Crimbo bags I got for them later Nabs.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I have those bags Illi!

Let me know if you want me to send you some in the post?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How much are you selling them for Spangler? My Dad scoffed the lot I made last time so I could bribe him with them for wine (he has good stuff)! ?

Thanks for the offer Rae. Phoned Lakeland earlier and they said that my order was depatched on Monday, minus some cake tin liners that were out of stock. I am hoping they will turn up tomorrow, so hold fire! I also ordered the bee and ladybug ladybird apron sets for my goddaughters so it best bluddy arrive soon!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

£1.50 for a bag of 15 which covers my costs and gives me a teensy profit!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Maybe I could try swapping a bag for a bottle of wine?!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Right I'm back and still havent sorted my biscuits, grrrr!!! I tried to get some of the bags Tinks suggested but they have sold out in Hobbycraft now! I cant get to lakeland as there isnt one near me and too late to order off internet! any other suggestions?? Spangles how did yours go in the cellophane? Also how long do biscuits realistically keep for? trying to work out how late I need to leave making them!

If anyone can help me with any of my many biscuit realted questios I would be most appreciative! Thanks

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Wilkos have little celephane bags in their craft section which could fit biscuits in and has a sticky strip along the top to seal it.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Cheers Tinks, Wilkos here I come, fingers crossed they havent sold out x

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

If you can't find any proper little bags, could you get some of that cellophane sheet stuff from a florist? Pop biccies in the centre of some, bunch it up and tie with a ribbon.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

They usually keep for about a week in a kilner jar but I haven't had any feedback on the ones I put in cellophane bags. If you make them now and pop them into bags/ jars for Crimbo they will be OK.

Are you near an Ikea or Dunelm Mill?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

My Lakeland order still hasn't arrived. Not only did I order Christmas bags for homemade goodies, but I also ordered a couple of presents too. Grrrrr! I might be making a last minute dash to one of the above mentioned shops too if it doesn't arrive soon!

On the bright side, it is the only order I'm now waiting for. Big well done Amazon who seemed to have coped better than any of the other companies I have ordered from!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Illi I'm still waiting for one of Mr S' presents from Amazon - ordered it aaages ago.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Cheers guys I havge some cellophane but worried about it not being air tight so biccies will go soft! may have to bite the bullet and get the jars but wasnt really wanting to spend that much on packaging them tbh, hmmm am baking tonight tho so need to get deciding!!!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My boss is still waiting for one too. She said that all of the items that were delivered via Royal Mail have arrived, but the item sent by courier hasn't (City Link I believe).

No sign of my Lakeland delivery yet...

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I'm waitingt on a Lakeland's delivery too, my cellophane baqgs and some christmas shaped cookie cutters, i'm giving them until tomorrow then i'm going to have to buy a back up as me and my step daughter are doing all the christmas baking tomorrow night.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Snap!

Mine has just arrived! Hurrah! Downside is that the delivery woman must heavy smoker as all of the stuff inside smells really really smoky - not nice, especially for as I ordered presents and cooking items! I'm letting it all air now.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha mine too, mum just phoned at lunch time to say it had arrived!!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am still waiting on a pressie from Amazon and they have been doing my head in about it so i turned awkward customer from hell yesterday and refused to get off the phone until they resent it!! Still probs wont get it in time for xmas tho :-(

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Nabs if it is of any consolation I got the DVD I ordered from Amazon yesterday after ordering it at the start of December. There is still hope!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Really! That has given me some hope, I ordered 6th Dec and they keep saying orders made before 18th Dec will arrive in time for christmas but I had just assumed this was tripe lol! Glad ur pressie came through!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Spangles you were right there was still hope! My CD has finally arrived!!! yeay! They must have the elves on overtime at amazon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics