Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2013

How easy to adjust a wedding dress for a 5 month pregnant lady??

aimzxx, 15 of November of 2012 at 10:53 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Ladies!

I'm totally jumping the gun an pre empting i'll even be pregnant but was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be to adjut a dress with a buttoned dress ? Like can you make it a lace up back instead?

Reason being is i'm having fertility treatment next month an my wedding is April so i'd be around 21 weeks if successful...

Heres my dress....

x

5 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 15 of November of 2012 at 19:54
  • O
    Beginner November 2013
    Oxford B2B ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm currently 8 months pregnant and went shopping for my dress when I was 6 months pregnant, I tried a size 14 on (I was a size 12 before my pregnancy) and from the front you would never guess I was pregnant, but from the side you could see my biggish bump. If you haven't already ordered your dress, speak to the shop owner and inform them that you may be pregnant and ask what she suggests. The dress I chose in the end did have a lace up back which will obviously accommodate a lot more than a zip up dress. Good luck with everything hun x

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Oxford...

Yes i've already brought it!!!! If I am lucky then I would prob just keep popping into the shop trying it on..Its a size 12 and fits me perfectly @ the moment...

Maybe an excuse to find a new one haha!

x

• O
    Beginner November 2013
    Oxford B2B ·
    • Hide content

Apologies, I've just re-read your post and didn't get the gist of what you were saying, if you have already ordered your dress speak to the owner straight away or if you haven't ordered it, discuss the possibility of changing it to a lace up before you decide whether to get this dress, I didn't start having a proper bump until I was gone 25 weeks so you might be able to get away with buttons at the back but everyone is different x

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

Hello I will be 5 months pregnant by my wedding in December and as it was a complete surprise I got a different 2nd hand dress and it is currently at the shop having a lace up back put in (it had a zip before). The lady said this was a simple job and isn'y going to alter the style of the dress at all.

Rachel xx

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

Yes it's pretty common to alter to a lace up. But I didn't even show until nearly 6 months so you might not need it! Good luck with the treatment x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I have no additional advice to offer but I just wanted to pop in and say good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics