Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2017

How far in advance?

MrsGtobe2017, 16 of February of 2016 at 18:54 Posted on Planning 0 12

I'm trying to get organised again!

How far in advance do you need to book...hair, make up, florist?

12 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjones2024, 17 of February of 2016 at 20:12
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

As soon as you can really. Many will take bookings for 2017 and 2018 now.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, ASAP. I had all of the above booked a year (or more) before our wedding date.

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Make up lady booked over 18 months before as we're in August. Have just asked her to do hair as well

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

As soon as you can really. Once you have found someone you like book them. I'm getting booked up for 2017 and 2018.

Aimee x

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I booked our photographer and florist in November last year and hair and make up in January, we get married May 2017.

DJ an photobooth are next.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow I thought I had loads of time to book hair & make up, I best get searching then!

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I booked venue, caterer, tog and hair 2 years in advance.

Make-up I booked 18 months in advance (and my first choice was unavailable already!).

I booked the celebrant a year in advance, and the florist 7 months.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I tried and failed to get hair and make up booked up at 6 months, however someone on here came to my rescue, but the advice I have is 100% do it soon, especially if they are good and also reasonably priced.

Florist, we did 6 months, and they thought that was a little early, and church flowers we organised at 4 months.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Hair & Make-Up I've had booked for about a year before the wedding and I have my trial in May.

I've only just booked my florist though! (That one was stressing me out, 'cause I kept trying to get round to doing it)

I suppose it all depends on the demand in the area.

Obviously the sooner you book, the more likely you are to get the supplier you want.

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't even begun to think about hair and make up yet and I have just under seven months to go... I guess I'd better add it to the list. Hopefully I'll find a dress in the next month or two and then I'll be able to start to get an idea of what I want.

I'm going to the wedding fair at Olympia in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to find a florist there. I still haven't really worked out how you go about finding people for all these things!

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

We did everything in under 10 months, but a lot of suppliers book 12-24 months in advance, especially on popular dates. This is especially true for suppliers who can do only one wedding on a particular date.

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    SnapCracklePop! ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends a lot on when your wedding is. If it's on a weekday in winter you probably won't struggle to find suppliers even if you leave it until 6 months before. If it's a Saturday June - August, I'd say ASAP!

Also depends on how 'picky' you are, if these things are very important to you and you would like someone specific then i'd get them booked soon as you can.

Smiley smile x

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married July 2017 and have already booked lots of things. I have booked my make up and have a trial with a hairdresser in April to see if I like her. The florist I will be booking at the end of the month. I have met with three and have one more to meet on 27th Feb x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics