Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How far in advance did you book your honeymoon?

22 December, 2010 at 12:42 Posted on Planning 0 19

We're not getting married til April 2012 but one of our honeymoon destinations has just been opened up by a few travel companies and we're seriously considering going ahead and getting it booked now because of the cheapness.

How far in advance will you or have you booked your honeymoon? (If you're having one)

I'm slightly concerned that we'll go ahead and book it and then some major wedding disaster will happen (don't know what would constitute a disaster but still!) and we'll end up having to use the honeymoon money to cover it.

Special offer runs out on 26th December so we have to decide soon! Thanks in advance!

19 replies

Latest activity by futureMrsM, 31 December, 2010 at 15:25
  • N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

Hi! It was acutally one of the first things that we booked, after getting the venue and the church. H2B was very excited about this.

Can you pay a deposit now and then pay the final balance later? If its something that you really want to do, then go for it, also if it was me I'd pay the deposit on a credit card, so that you are covered if anything goes wrong - also make sure your travel insurance covers you as well as it is in advance.

HTH

• MrsBarnett2b
    Beginner
    MrsBarnett2b ·
    • Hide content

Id go for it if its a decent discount, we will be booking ours as soon as we have the money for it, and like noodle just said, hopefully you can just pay a deposit for now.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

If the date is set and it's where you want to go then book it! And if it's an amazing deal then even better!! Perhaps make sure you get wedding insurance though if it's far in advance.

We're booking our honeymoon the day after the wedding, but that's only because we've got relatives giving us money and we're going to use that to pay for it. Hoping for an awesome last minute deal!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

We booked ours Sept, 10 months b4 our wedding - and I really wish we'd done it earlier! Its so hard trying to pay it off(by end of March) and weddingy things!

If you know where you want to go (I didnt, OH wanted mexico but i throw up travelling even for a hour but doctor is giving me tablets to relax me for it so I eventually agreed!) & are getting a gd deal, then just book it - its another thing ticked off list & wont need completely paid until 12 weeks b4 hand (generally).

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

I'd say go for it, we booked ours in August so 14 months before the wedding. I looked online the other day to see if the price had gone up/down and its now all fully booked!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Go for it..!

we booked ours as soon as we could about 15months in advance. After we had the venue booked, we chose when we were getting married on the honeymooon to get the right season.

Deffo put the deposit down if its the one you want x

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

We booked ours as soon as we'd booked the church and venue, with 12 (ish) months to go. I think although you can book the honeymoon - the flights dont get released until about 12 months before - so you may get a slight variation in time of flight etc.

If the discount is good - go for it!

xxx

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Where are you thinking for going anyway?

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Aww fab.

We are going to Veligandu Island Resort and Spa one of the smaller ones in the Maldives but we are looking for total chillout..!! so will suit us completely.

We picked the honeymoon before the wedding ?

never been but we will be flying out the day after the wedding - so 6 weeks on Sunday we will be jetting off... I soooooo hope the weather will allow us to take off!!

Deffo book, its never too early and if you get a great discount offer all the better!

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married August 2012 and the prices for these come out in April (ish) so we will book then, I have spoken with the travel agents and they have said that the earlier you book the better deals you get with regards to prices plus it gives us time then to pay it off in bits each month..

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lynnie..!

Trip advisor has some great reviews but... still question the choice sometimes.. wobbles. lol but its going to be fab and its now weeks away.

Thanks for the tips!

Let us know how you get on ?

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Sri Lanka and the Maldives with Kuoni and could only book 10 months in advance when the flights were finalised along with the prices. We didn't like the idea of booking sooner as the flight prices were only a guestimate and could have gone up from that quoted earlier.

• trustedlocal.com
    trustedlocal.com ·
    • Hide content

We booked ours the day before leaving.

I'd recommend doing it earlier.... ?

Alex.

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    futureMrsM ·
    • Hide content

Have u got a link lynnie peeps i like to nosey hehe id love the maldives but think OH would be too bored lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics