Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2013

How Far in Advance did you Plan Your Hen?

Jessie_bride, 9 August, 2012 at 15:54 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice, another friend who is getting married in 2014 and having her hen do next summer has led to a few friends asking on the date of mine (I get married in August 2013)

How far in advance did you all plan your hens? How much notice did you give your friends (it's a weekend away in the UK with no annual leave needed)?

Thanks,

J

12 replies

Latest activity by Jessie_bride, 9 August, 2012 at 16:52
  • LauraC2B*2013
    Beginner June 2013
    LauraC2B*2013 ·
    • Hide content

My hen do is in April and told the girls last month for them to start saving (will be about 150 to 200 for 2 nights activity drinks and food)

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I started thinking about it months ago, but it didn't actually get booked until around May time. I'm having it on 1st September so 4 months in advance.

It depends what you're doing and how much it is going to cost. If it's something which is going to cost a lot, I'd want a lot of notice so I can save up. Something that's only going to cost £50 or so, I wouldn't need much time.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I get married next April and I've only just told my sister (MOH) a date. We haven't actually picked the activity or anything yet but I have now told all my hens! I think about 6 to 8 months is plenty of notice, unless you're planning on going abroad or anything that's going to be expensive (£150+)

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

I get married Sept 2013 and have already started planning Smiley smile

Everyone knows what is involved and a rough cost and now we are just waiting on flights to be released!

It's going to be April / May 2013

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married August 2013 and we booked mine about a month ago for May Day Weekend.

Its a busy time and we wanted to go to the thermae spa in Bath which was already nearly full and also wanted to give people time to save.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Flamin Nora- I'm looking at Bath! Are you able to share what you're doing?

I'm planning for a weekend in July so it's a way off but I assume if it were me I'd like notice to save up and plan any other holidays around it x

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My MOH is organising it mostly but I can tell you what I know!

Its with Escape Trips. We're having 2 cottages and 1 lodge sleeping 14 altogether, they're about 20 mins out of Bath.

They also sorted the thermae spa, we're in their for about 3 hours.

Altogether its costing £134 each and thats for Friday and Saturday night and the spa.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I'll take a look!x

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on December 28th and I haven't booked mine yet!! Best get a shift on....

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I think it also depends on where you are going. For one of mine i'm going to Brighton which can get booked up really early so we are booking as soon as the hotel dates come up (next week)

For my other one we are going to Dublin and will probably book that one around New Years. Aslong as people have a rough idea of costs far enough in advance all should be ok.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Mrsyard2b what's your accommodation called? It looks lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics