Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How far in advance do you need to order your dress?!

15 of February of 2015 at 14:54 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello gorgeous girlies! Smiley smile

I need to lose a lot of weight before the big day! (May 2016)

so far ive lost just over 1 stone in a month, but there's still a lot to go! if i can stick at it and stay really dedicated, i *should* be at goal weight by Feb/March next year.

how much time do i need to allow for the dress to arrive?! Ill probably be getting quite an expensive one (my mums paying lol) by designers such as Mori Lee, Maggie Sottero, Sophia Tolli, so not sure if they would take longer than a cheaper brand?!

if i need to order with a good 6 months ahead of the date then id need to order in Dec/Nov this year, but then ill have to order it in a couple of sizes smaller than i am at that point in time because obviously i wont be at my goal weight then! But then what if i don't reach my goal weight and cant fit in the damn dress?!

i am SO stressed about this weight loss issue, the dress is my biggest worry.

Anyone here had to lose a lot of weight for their wedding?!

x

6 replies

Latest activity by jayannfernandez, 16 of February of 2015 at 08:04
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

My dress shop said it needs to be at least 6 months before. but its whenever you feel comfortable. I bought mine while i still had some weight to lose - about 2/3 stone. I've been lucky because i dont order until August, so i can transfer my deposit needs must x

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

My dress was mori Lee. I ordered it right at the end of March, and got married at the end of September. I had 2 fittings in August, I think it arrived in July. They usually say it takes 6 months ish. I would think depending on the designer that providing you order by the end of October you should be OK. You can go and look at dresses now and then they can take your measurements later, that might be a good option as then you'll know when you need to order. Its also worth remembering that its easier to take in a dress than let one out, so you'd be better off ordering the size you are by then and having it taken in, but again that's something to talk to the shop about.

Well done on losing a stone already! Don't put too much pressure on yourself though, your OH obviously loves you as you are!

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousIvoryConfetti247 ·
    • Hide content

My dress shop told me to order my dress 9 months before the wedding because it would take 6 months to be made and allows 3 months for alterations. It probably depends on how long you're dress will take to be made.. I was shocked that mine was as long as 6 months!

Good luck with your weight loss, I'm sure you'll look beautiful whatever your weight.

x

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

I just bought mine for our wedding in 6 months but as it was a sample I got to take it home straight away. It fits me perfectly now but I am planning to lose quite a bit of weight before the wedding so I will have to have it altered. The lady at the shop said it wouldn't be a problem. They had a bride lose 6 stone between ordering the dress and the fitting and they simply altered it to fit her new measurements. She said for a new dress it would take 4-6 months to come in so if you have the choice, I would maybe start looking 10-12 months before the wedding.

• P
    Beginner January 1999
    Poppy22 ·
    • Hide content

It seems to take about 6 months depending on where you go. Most dress shops will have fittings closer to the date so if your weight changes after you have ordered it, they will make sure your dress still fits Smiley smile

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

You can look for the dress as early as now and just tell them your weight goal so they can adjust and tell you how you you'll be able to fit in the dress come the big day Smiley smile enjoy it, the most exciting moment is the wedding dress so don't get too stressed. Good luck! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics