Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner November 2024 West London

How important is a dance floor?

Evon, 29 of August of 2023 at 23:58 Posted on Planning 1 1

We are recently engaged and have 2 venues that we are looking to select as our wedding reception venue.

We are planning to have a small, intimate wedding, with around 30 guests.

Both the venues are resonates to us, although quite different style, with one with dance floor option and the other venue has a really cool bar area and can fit 2-piece band, but not big enough for my dream first dance routine.

One of my dream is to have the Dirty Dancing movie final dance as my first dance, so I thought a dance floor is quite important but the second venue is also special to us.

Any advice / ideas if a proper size dance floor is important for a city wedding reception? If not, we might keep looking although these 2 venues currently are our favourite.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 30 of August of 2023 at 09:07
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

A dance floor is as important as you think it is! If dancing is a major part of your planned wedding, then obviously it's very important. However, unless all your guests are keen dancers, I'm not sure I'd bother with a wedding that has only 30 guests.

Something else to consider is how good at dancing you and your partner are - have you done dancing in the past? Most 'first dances' are just the couple shimmying round together or doing a few twirls. There's nothing more embarrassing than watching a couple try a complex dance routine and not quite getting it right, so if you are aiming for a proper routine, you really need to know you can carry it off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics