Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2012

How is everyone making their Order of Service sheets?

Nicalf08, 22 May, 2012 at 08:32 Posted on Planning 0 11

Flashes welcome. Anyone just going for simple white paper? We've typed ours up into an A5 booklet on the computer but I don't know how I actually want it to look when it comes out ie. what paper/card, colours, how to tie it together etc ?

11 replies

Latest activity by Jesusluiz, 22 May, 2012 at 18:47
  • R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

White card for cover (with pictures of church by my amazingly talented OH) and Tesco Finest White Paper for the middle (single double-sided sheet fit everything I needed on the inside!). Bought a long-arm stapler from Amazon for £13 but if there hadn't been any reasonable ones, I was planning to sew the spine with white cotton.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

That's similar to what I was going to do...are you having the outside and inside sheets the same size? I'm wondering whether to hole punch ours and tie ribbon round it or will that look pants/not hold together? ?

• V
    Beginner June 2012
    Vicloveschocolate ·
    • Hide content

We too are having this issue. We have opted to go for A4 ivory card (from Hobbycraft) for the front and back cover. The front cover has our names on and a picture of the church.

The back just has thankyous for parents of the bride, groom, vicar, organist.

The inside is white A4 paper.

At the moment we are punching holes and tying together with purple ribbon but I am questioning whether a stapler might be better.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

This was our OOS. I took a snowflake design and watermarked the page with it, then printed the OOS onto this marble effect paper. We rolled them up and tied them with Black Watch Tartan.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Ours is just a flat piece of card, the order printed on one side, the names and date printed on the other.

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

I am making handmade paper for the OOS cover and then just plain white A4 inside folded in half and glued into the spine for security and all tied together with a ribbon to match our colour scheme down the spine. Just wanted to keep it simple but tie it with our invites.

I work in recycling and so i had to have something recycled involved in our wedding! Only problem is the time it takes, but as our wedding is in November i have plenty of time and have started making the paper now so i can just make a few each night and then i can do all the inserts at a later date when everything is confirmed and just put it all together nearer the time!!!

Fingers crossed i get it all done in time!!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

If you are printing on both sides then you will need to make sure your paper is thicher than 120gsm (160gsm is perfect). Any thinner then you will see through it and it will look messy.

HTH

Nat

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Printer limitations mean I don't want to go much higher than 100 GSM for the paper. Had major pain with the cards so not overly bothered about show through on the inside pages of the OOS. Cover is single sided anyway, and I would be able to tolerate the extent to which the existing stuff shows through. Case of balancing how much I care about show through with what I could do with the money I save. Money saved (to go on flowers/make up for me) won!

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

My Dad made our OOS on the computer as well, the middle was just white paper. I am trying to remember what the outside was like, but it was a while ago now. I think he did card outsides but nothing very fancy. It saved money that we used on other things (as we were trying to do a budget wedding, I am the only daughter so parents wanted to pay for what they could, not that we could afford a lot anyway otherwise there would have been lots of things I would have done differently!)

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

Ours are just plain white office paper, inside and out! Two sheets of A4 folded in two. Have sewn down the seam to hold them together, with date/names/cute stamped picture on the front. Very easy and cheap to make but to be honest I think they still look quite nice and not 'too cheap'. Wish I had a flash

• J
    Beginner October 2013
    Jesusluiz ·
    • Hide content

At the moment we are punching holes and tying together with purple ribbon but I am questioning whether a stapler might be better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics