Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nikki_80
Beginner July 2012

How long after a wedding abroad would you have your party?

Nikki_80, 4 June, 2010 at 09:56 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey,

Just needed some advice please. We are getting married in Ibiza but want to have a party when we get back. How long after the wedding have people booked their party for? we were thinking it may be a bit too much to ask all the people to come back for another weekend after being in Ibiza. Plus I want to get my dress dry cleaned to wear again.

Just wondering, thank you in advance xxx

9 replies

Latest activity by froggy29400, 6 June, 2010 at 14:18
  • tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married on April 30th in Italy, then had their wedding party back home on May 30th, she loved having a whole month extra of planning and getting to wear her dress again.

I think we probably would have done this too (got married in Portugal) but we were lucky enough to have most of our friends with us on our big day.

• Nikki_80
    Beginner July 2012
    Nikki_80 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh that sounds like a brilliant idea! thank you! ?

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

No worries, plus doing it a month apart allows for pay days etc.

The party I went to had a slideshow with projector and laptop running throughout the evening, giving guests that couldn't go to Italy a chance to see pictures of the build up (hen/stag do's) and the wedding itself, it worked really well.

Hope you have a fab time.

• Nikki_80
    Beginner July 2012
    Nikki_80 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh that is such a lovely idea too! Then you can share it with everyone! thank you so so much x

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Thailand. We came home one weekend and got married the following weekend. I wanted to still have that just married feeling and also because we did it completely alone so wanted my family to be part of my wedding. I even managed to get my dress cleaned in that time...didn't even want to think about what would have happened if it didn't get done on time. My situation was a bit different, like I said, we were alone in Thailand and we did the whole church blessing over here...it was a compromise...hubby wanted to get married in Thailand and I wanted the big wedding over here so we did both (except over here was quiet small...but perfectly formed!!)!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on the 8/9/10 in Turkey and having my reception on 16/10/10. This gives me just over 4 weeks after i get back from Turkey as venue wanted to know exact details 4 weeks before. Also, some of our guests don't arrive back in England until 21st September as they're flying out of different days. It gives me a few weeks to be excited again! I think the weekend after I would be so stressed!

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

We got married on 10th Sept, got back to the UK on the 15th and had our party on the 20th as I didn't want to go back to work in between my wedding and my UK Party!

We had our wedding images on display (luckily, we got them back before we left Santorini!) and I'd done a lot of planning beforehand to make sure I didn't have much to do when we got back!

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

Friends got married in Las Vegas on December 30th and had a party on January 16th.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics