Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire

How Long Before Your Wedding Did You Buy your dress?

Samantha, 19 of May of 2021 at 17:22 Posted on Planning 0 9
How long before your wedding did you or you intend to buy your wedding dress? I’m getting married in March and I’m booked in to try dresses on at the end of July

9 replies

Latest activity by Luís, 26 of May of 2021 at 17:07
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I brought mine 3.5 months before but from booking to the actual date I only have 4 months 🙊

I’d recommend leaving more time as a lot of dresses I looked at wouldn’t of arrived in time. If you have to order your size in this can take a while sometimes. Also if you need alterations on the dress you don’t want to have the dress arrive too late.
    I’d probably say july is the perfect time. Then if you don’t find one you don’t have to panic buy and can always go august/ September too. There’s enough time to order the perfect size in if needed.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I bought mine 7months before my intended wedding date.

Personally I’d say if your weight is stable and you are happy at it then buy your dress now if you’d like. After buying mine I dropped 2stone 7lbs it was too big. Luckily my boutique offered to buy a smaller size in ahead of my fitting to minimise my alterations bill.
  • Aiyesha
    Beginner March 2022 Hampshire
    Aiyesha ·
    • Hide content
    I was told to do a year in advance due to the shop getting the dress in and leaving time for alterations! I’m getting married the beginning of March and have literally just got mine! I hope that helps x
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I bought mine off the peg end of September last year for my wedding August this year.
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in June next year and was going to start dress shopping June this year.
  • K
    Dedicated April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    I was also told roughly a year ahead. I’m getting married in April next year and got my dress last week. Have fun shopping for your drsss
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    March 2022 wedding and bought mine beginning of May. Dress due to arrive in September. Dress shops recommended starting to shop about a year in advance to ensure plenty time for dresses to arrive.
  • AimeeandStefan2020
    Beginner July 2021 Gloucestershire
    AimeeandStefan2020 ·
    • Hide content

I went shopping in May 2019 for my May 2020 wedding as depending on the designer it can take up to 9 months for dresses to be made and delivered. Luckily my dress was delivered end of August and had it ever since. I'm still waiting to get married!! *31st July fingers crossed*

• L
    Beginner May 2021 East Central London
    Luís ·
    • Hide content

A year in advance!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics