Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2013

How long before your wedding did you have your hen do?

Limpy loo, 17 of July of 2012 at 20:43 Posted on Planning 0 45

What the subject says really. I get married on the 4th May next year, I wanted to have my hen do on the 7th April about a month before but one of my good friends won't be able to come because its her sisters wedding. The weekend before that is Easter so no can do (will be working). The next one i suggested was the 23rd March but one bridesmaid can't do that weekend. Any earlier feels too early but I am worried about going later and having it too near the wedding as it is likely there will be lots to do at the weekends. I also know i will have to work one weekend in April. And there was me thinking I was being clever and booking well in advance!!!!

Just wondered when you ladies had yours, might help me decide whether to go early or late with mine!!

Thankyou!

45 replies

Latest activity by Choods87, 22 of December of 2015 at 12:22
  • *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married on the 1st December and my hen is on 9th November. OH is having his stag on 28th September though due to work commitments.

Just book the weekend that best suits you as there will always be someone who is busy or cant make it!

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Mines on Saturday ? get married on 22nd Sept, it was te one day that most people could do and I have another small one on the 8th which is more of a pamper day with two of my close friends. OH hasn't even sorted his yet!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married 30th March, I wanted the hen do in February but that missed out a couple of weekends because of Valentine's so I think it will be weekend of 2nd Feb.

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

My hen do is 28th Sept, our wedding is 17th November. I put it to the vote and this was the weekend everyone could do...

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is the 3rd November and hen is the weekend if the 4th October, OH is having his stag the weekend before.

• Earthy
    Beginner August 2012
    Earthy ·
    • Hide content

I'm having mine the weekend before the wedding.

• xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

I get married on 22nd Sept and my hen weekend was on 22nd June, purely as that was the only date everyone could do. I am having a meal with the people that couldn't make the weekend on 8th September too so that's alot closer I spose.

• lianne22
    Beginner September 2012
    lianne22 ·
    • Hide content

Im also getting married 22nd September (Seems to be a popular date!) and my hen do is next week. I am having a meal for everyone else first weekend of September. There are some people who are unable to make it, but unfortunately, you can't please everyone. Book a date which suits you and your friends and family will make the effort to be there.

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Mine is this coming sat and married two weeks later. Had to do that for other peoples schedules and I wish we had done it sooner partly because it feels like its so close to the wedding that some can't be bothered with both and secondly because if id done it a few weeks ago I would have been able to enjoy it (now on crutches and painkillers, hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Mine was 7th July and we get married 26th August, so 7 weeks. OH has his this weekend so 5 weeks for him. We both aimed for the month before and worked around other commitments we had.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Mine was on 23rd June, about 7 weeks prior to the wedding, it was the only date everyone could do even with several months notice!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

6 weeks.

• NovBride13
    Beginner September 2013
    NovBride13 ·
    • Hide content

I was bridesmaid for my friend a little while ago. She had her hen do the 27th May and got married on 09th June. I fell over at the end of the night and fractured my wrist. Luckily I got a blue cast to match my bridesmaid dress and it was a funny story to tell! Because of that I’m planning my hen do 2 months before I get married – I’m not willing to take any chances lol.

• mandij87
    Beginner August 2012
    mandij87 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is 2 weeks before the wedding xx

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Mine and OH's stag is exactly 3 weeks before the wedding!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I got married 31st Oct, hen do was 30th Oct.

• misslaura
    Beginner September 2012
    misslaura ·
    • Hide content

About 6 weeks before - end July weekend and I get married 15th Sept. It was more to do with finding a weekend everyone could do really!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married on 7th August. OH's stag do was last weekend (13-15 July) and my hen is this weekend (21-22 July).

I wouldn't worry about people being able to come or not - I've had people drop out and add in to mine! Even if you plan a date they can all make now, lives change and things happen and you never know who will actually be there!

• D
    Beginner August 2012
    Dannii65 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is 3rd - 5th August and I get married on 31st August so 3 weeks, my Best Friend and Chief Bridesmaid is also getting married and she is having her hen do 2 weeks before her wedding. I wouldn't have it any closer than 2 weeks but earlier would be fine it also obviously depends what dates the hens can make but it is difficult to get everyone together and one of my hens couldn't make it in the end.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Wedding is 4th August (although we fly off on 28th July) and hen weekend was 16th June. It could have been any weekend in June or early July, but that was the weekend that suited the majority of people. I've known people who've had it two weeks before and three months before. It's all about fitting it in with other things.

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

Mine is next weekend (28th July) and we get married on 26th August. OH's is on 3rd August

• hannahlock4
    Beginner January 2013
    hannahlock4 ·
    • Hide content

I get married 8th Jan & hen do is end of Oct cos of xmas etc. I dont think it matters if you have it early - gives you plenty of time to recover!

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

My hen night is next saturday (28th july). Get married 25th august.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

OH's, 7wks before.

Mine, 5wks before.

• essex_charlene
    Beginner September 2012
    essex_charlene ·
    • Hide content

Mine iS this weekend! Yay! 6 weeks before wedding. Having another at 'home' 4 weeks before x

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

I have already had a mini hen do with my mum and sister (moh). But the main hen do is on 11th August and I get married on 26th August.

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    Limpy loo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies! Just shows the huge range of time scales people go for and that there is no right or wrong thing to do. Glad I asked my friends the question early though!

x

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We both had our hen/stag on the 19th August and we got married 4th Sept. So about 2 1/2 weeks before. We were both one night stay overs too.

• mrs james 2 b
    Beginner November 2012
    mrs james 2 b ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is 15&16th of November but my hen is the 3rd&4th of August as my best mate nd bridesmaid lives in york nd is comin up for it...i will also be havin a meal wi a few people nearer the wedding

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

My Hen Do is 4th August, Wedding is 6th October so it's 9 weeks before. I would have prefered about 6 weeks but because we are going to see Dirty Dancing, we had to go with the date of the show.

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I think mine is two or three weeks before the wedding. I'd like it to be even earlier, to be honest, I want to make sure I sleep A LOT in the run up to the wedding - I am now at the age when a bad night's sleep can easily add a decade!

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

I get married 7th September.

My 1st hen is 3rd/4th/5th August, my 2nd is 10th August.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics