Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

How long did it take you to find 'the one' for your wedding venue?

mummymrs2b, 21 November, 2011 at 16:26 Posted on Planning 0 17

I have found a venue that we both think is fab, haved look at 2 others but are booked in to see 2 more. How many did u visit before booking yours? x

17 replies

Latest activity by MrsGray2B2012NYE, 21 November, 2011 at 20:10
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Only one, The One ?

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

We visited 4, but in my heart I always knew that the one we decided on would be "The One". I had it picked out for a long time before we were ever engaged ?

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

The only thing that puts me off booking the one we have is the outside space for photos. I love it other than that. It does seem to be the dearest one though! x

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

While i'd been to many of the other options before as a guest or whatever we only formally viewed one.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

The leyland feathers hotel. Its recently had lots spent on it and full renovation, the room where our ceremony will take place is modern unlike a lot of places which for me and my partner is what we are after x

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We didn't formally visit any. We very quickly narrowed the location down to London, our respective hometowns and our university colleges. London was ruled out quite quickly as although we live there, it doesn't feel like "home," plus the cost would have been more.

We briefly looked at our hometowns, but although I'd have loved to get married in the church I grew up attending, there weren't any reception venues nearby that we liked. So that left us with our colleges, and his was available first!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We saw 2 but the one we picked, we actually thought we wouldn't like it. The pictures on it's website didn't do it justice at all.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

5..however The venue was the first one we viewed and i knew then it was what i wanted..Mr F wanted to see the others 'just incase'.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

First marriage - only looked at one - we planned to get married in the family church and it was just round the corner. When I couldn't marry in church due to ex-H being divorcved, we just moved the whole day to that venue. Seemed logical and no fuss.

This time, only actually looked at the one we're using, but spent HOURS online trying to find the right sort of venue in our area - seems there are very few barns that cater for weddings in the Midlands!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I personally looked at about 6, but mainly just to check the one that we liked for our wedding was the right one, and as we saw more we knew then that we didn't want them.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

It took us around 6 months and looked at about 11 places

• green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

This is really hard for us as i keep visiting such fantastic venues, but me and the OH have agreed that we are not getting married in a venue that i have worked in.

I have probabley been to over 500 different wedding venues in my years as a DJ. Out of those i could have chosen 20 - 30 as venues for us from what i saw.

We have a shortlist of venues that we will be viewing bewteen now and the end of January. These venues are everywhere from Cornwall to Aberdeen!! It will be a case of turning up falling in love and booking there and then.

• PurpleStar
    Rockstar May 2022
    PurpleStar ·
    • Hide content

Due to limited budget and options we picked out venue prior to visiting it lol

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sheree_heptinstall ·
    • Hide content

We got prices for quite a few in our area, as this would be our limiting factor. Then we visited quite a few, but as soon as we viewed the one we have chosen, we both fell in love. Gonna cost us 50% of our budget, but everything that I can do myself I am doing, so it's working well Smiley smile x

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at 4; the first we both didn't like; the second I loved, OH hated it; the third OH loved and I hated; the fourth we both loved. It was far more complicated than I thought it would be to find somewhere we both agreed on!

• MrsGray2B2012NYE
    Beginner January 2001
    MrsGray2B2012NYE ·
    • Hide content

Lol we looked at 25 venues before we found the one over a few weeks. Was worth the wait Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics