Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

spikeygoodness
Beginner

How long do bridesmaid's dresses take to be made?

spikeygoodness, 2 January, 2011 at 17:32 Posted on Planning 0 7

As above really! Could any of you who are having bridesmaid dresses from a bridal shop from the main designers (Dessy/Alfred Angelo type of thing) let me know how long they take to be made and into the store? I have a bridesmaid who is trying to get pregnant, and am stressing over buying a dress for her because the earliest I could do it and know she'd still fit would be 3 months beforehand, but I've no idea whether this is within the time frame for a bridesmaid dress or whether they're as long as wedding dresses. I don't really want to leave the dresses till 3 months anyway, but am not sure what else I can do, without running the risk of getting one and losing the money on it if she's all bumpy. (Suggestions gratefully received!)

7 replies

Latest activity by mariclare, 4 January, 2011 at 11:08
  • _
    Beginner June 2011
    _Fi_ ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married early June and have been told the latest I can order is end of Jan - that's for Dessy and AA. Could you look at a loose-fitting style, kind of Grecian, so it has some leeway in it for a bump? I'd perhaps pop into a local store and ask for advice, there might be some styles that would be easier to adapt than others or something like that? x

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Forever Yours take 12 weeks but can do a rush order in 8 weeks (but costs more).

HTH

xxx

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

Ordered my BMs' Alfred Angelos on 25th September and they arrived mid-December so three months is really cutting it too fine IMHO, especially as you need to allow time for alterations too.

Would suggest you look into styles that will cater for changing bump sizes if she is going to be pregnant still at the wedding date, e.g. empire-line dresses. Alfred Angelo also do maternity versions of a lot of their dresses - have a look on the website.

Obviously you can get a rush order as MrsB mentions on most dresses but there is a premium to pay.

HTH ?

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Mine are romantica, i ordered them in November and they are due to be here in March.

• estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I am a Hitched supplier and my company makes fantastic bridal and occasional wear.

We make beautiful bridesmaids dresses and are able to accommodate shorter notice than most of the high street shops and especially for a fellow Hitcher. Please have a look at our website for some pcitures of actual dresses we have made for clients.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice everyone, 'tis much appreciated. I'll have a chat with some of the dress shops - those who don't have a "you can only buy a bridesmaid dress if you buy a wedding dress" policy on their site!

• M
    mariclare ·
    • Hide content

Have just ordered Alfred Angelo ones for my daughetrs wedding and have been quoted May for delivery!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics