Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lady Falafel
Beginner April 2006

How long do pedicures last?

Lady Falafel, 14 of July of 2009 at 09:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

I'm off on holiday in a few weeks and was thinking of treating myself to a pedicure before I go, but I can only do it on the Wed before I leave (on the Sat).

When I've had manicures in the past, they've chipped within a few days. Are pedicures the same, in which case I won't bother?

8 replies

Latest activity by AveryJack, 28 of September of 2021 at 11:37
  • A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

I can usually last a good 4 weeks with a decent pedicure....so long as I don't go round stubbing my toes and the like.

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

In my experience pedicures usually last a good time longer than manicures. I'd say you'll be fine to go and have your feet pampered on the wednesday. I expect it'll still look pretty good by the time you get back from your hols.

One tip I've learnt that does seem to help is to get your nail varnish painted late on the afternoon then go home and wander around in bare feet or flip flops for the rest of the day. It seems to give the varnish a decent chance of drying and hardening properly which appears to help it last a bit longer still.

• Lady Falafel
    Beginner April 2006
    Lady Falafel ·
    • Hide content

4 weeks? Ace! Thanks. Pretty toes here I come. Or at least slightly less manky ones ?

There's a place a 5 min wak from my house so I can shuffle back there easily.

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

I used to spend a fortune on a mani / pedi before holiday then as soon as I'd get in the pool I'd stub my toe and chip the varnish.?

Now I just treat my feet in the weeks leading to holiday with a good foot scrub, heavy moisturising cream and then paint toes myself. That way if I chip I have the same varnish to repaint.

• jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

I never see the point of a manicure as whenever I have one it chips within a day or two.

I do however regularly have a french pedicure and it can last anything from 4-6 weeks.

• AllyDrew
    Beginner May 2007
    AllyDrew ·
    • Hide content

A good few weeks.I bloody love a good pedicure. There is something very uplifting about having pretty feet.

• H
    Hickory ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can just take your own nail polish with you for the manicure/pedicure and then you have it with you if you need to touch it up during the holiday.

• spacecadet_99
    Beginner
    spacecadet_99 ·
    • Hide content

I had a pedicure on my hol on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week (it was my holiday, I wasn't counting days!) and it's still looking like new today, having spent a lot of time on the beach with sand between my toes. You should be fine, you'll be looking after it more than I did!

• AveryJack
    Beginner September 2021 East London
    AveryJack ·
    • Hide content

I find that pedicures typically last longer than manicures. So you should be fine getting your feet pampered on Wednesday, but if their nails haven't been done for too long, they may look old-fashioned by Thursday morning (especially with all the sandals!). The tip I've learned is to use Toe Nail Separators and get the nail varnish painted late in the afternoon; this gives it enough time to dry, so it's hard enough by the time we get home from work or if we have plans later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics