Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

froggy29400
Beginner October 2010

How long do people wait to RSVP???

froggy29400, 14 August, 2010 at 14:40 Posted on Planning 0 16

We sent 87 invitations at the start of July, we've received 14 RSVP so far, the deadline is September 1st. I wondered how it was for other people. Did you have lots missing? Did people wait for the last minute? We've had none from our families apart from my H2B's father... I know they're coming if that makes sense but there's a menu choice with the RSVP so it's important everyone replies.

If I have to chase a few that's fine but the way it's going I'll end up chasing most guests!! What a pain ?

16 replies

Latest activity by Spangler, 17 August, 2010 at 09:07
  • sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Im still waiting for my evening RSVPs to come back and I get married next Saturday...

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG!!! that's out of order! I'm having a seating plan for the evening so I hope people are more forthcoming.

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh right, nah we dont have a seating plan for the evening only just the day which everyone did eventually and then 2 dropped out x

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

You would think with the meal choice people would reply - but obviously that is far too straight forward. Not good hun - hope you receive lots this weekSmiley smile x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I sent out a meal choice too and I was getting them from about 4 weeks after I sent them. I gather you've given yourself chase up time before getting menus into the venue??? I had about 2 weeks grace before I had to go to hotel with stuff....

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

I get married in 3 weeks and am still waiting for 31 people to reply. All my day people have replied, it's the evening only people I'm waiting for. I think I'm being a bit too laid back about this.

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Ive been fairly lucky with the day guests and there are only 3 that havent RSVPd (but Im told that one of them IS coming). The evening guests are being REALLY slow in replying! Granted the deadline isnt up til next week but I get the impression that I am gonna have to do a lot of chasing - worst thing is that most of the evening guests work with me so they see me EVERY DAY! Grr.....!!!

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've got 7 weeks between the deadline and the wedding. We're having a very different type of day/evening, as our sit-down dinner is in the evening for everyone! So I need everyone's reply... We're having a caterer making French crepes ? so I've given guests a choice of fillings. I must get in touch with him by the end of September so I've got a month to chase everybody, but still, I have better things to do!

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

My RSVP deadline was August 1st and still waiting on invitations. My family all replied about mid-way through and then the rest we have just had to squeeze out of people.

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    LISA221010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi - one of your date triplets here!!

We sent ours out middle of July and now waiting for 9 day invitations to RSVP and 4 evening ones as well as the open invitations which we have put up at work for the evening do.

Dont get it why people cant just send them back - we even put stamps on so all people had to do was tick a box and pop it in the post!

What do you do if they dont reply by the deadline date - do you strike them off the list or do you ring them up??

Tricky one - but like you we need to know so we can start table planning etc.

Hope you get some more back soon!!!#

x

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I'll be a muppet and I'll give them all a ring.......... better that than have some people turn up on the day if I'm not expecting them!

Are we twins? isn't yours on 22nd?

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    LISA221010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi - Yes we are twins - cant believe it will be 9 weeks next Friday!!

Its funny that you said about people turning up on the day unexpectedly - I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and the groom's nan had brought four friends along to the whole wedding (according to bride they werent invited to the day or eve do!)

Luckily the venue were really accommodating and managed to squeeze them onto a table together. They obviously werent on the table plan and didnt have place cards but it didnt seem to bother them and the bride laughed it off - she said there was nothing she could do about it and wasnt going to let it spoil her day but couldnt quite believe they had just turned up!!

Think youre right - I will ring people up and check if theyre coming if they dont reply by the RSVP deadline!

Still seem to have so much to do - its all finalising but theres a long list of it!!!

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ours is on October 23rd... you'll be married 24 hours before me ?

• sarah333
    Beginner December 2010
    sarah333 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

we are getting married December so to get in there first rather than all the xmas party invites we sent ours out early july and RSVP by 21 sep, I have only had about 35% back and its really annoying as whenever I get an invite I make sure I reply straight away! I guess people are not so organised but when you have the names you can start making the table plans work!

3 and a half months left and I am now starting to feel the pressure!!!

sarah

x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We gave our day guests approx. 3 weeks to RSVP and most did indeed RSP in that time, those that had to wait for conformation on weather they would be able to get holiday etc contacted us to say reply would be delayed.

That said a few people have not sent formal RSVPs just emails or txts! ( a little annoying when trying to keep track but still a reply I suppose).

YOu have given your guests a nig RSVP window and i suspect you will find you get a bunch of replies just before your deadline date when people realise they haven't RSVPd yet.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

id say you'll got them next week. They will be waiting til nearer the 1st sept! Ther thinking that sept is way off, nd then it will dawn on them all of a sudden!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

We have finally had all of our day RSVPs but have had about 20% of evening guests RSVP. I am currently in the process of texting/ calling them asking if they have received the invite, and if they are able to come as I need to let our evening caterer now. Our deadline was 10th August as we're getting married on 10th September.

Giving me the rage that people are so inconsiderate!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics