Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

freckles87
Beginner May 2013

How long do you take at the hairdressers?

freckles87, 7 of October of 2011 at 09:38 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 20

I've got an appointment at the hairdressers this morning, and I'm fully prepared for the usual 4 hour stint. I only go for a cut and colour, but it always takes them ages. Is this an average time or should I be telling them to stop gassing and get cutting?!

20 replies

Latest activity by Mathew, 11 of November of 2020 at 12:17
  • T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

It takes my hairdresser 90 mins to cut and colour my hair. 4 hours is ridiculous!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

4 hours?? Yikes!

I'm usually in and out within an hour and a half, although that's just for a cut and blow-dry. I've never actually had my hair coloured at a salon. I just do it myself ?

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

WSS! i was at the Hairdressers on Wednesday. T section then an all over base colour, cut and BD 90 mins! Would be looking for new HD if they took that long personally.

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I'd love for it to take 90 mins! I only still go there because it's quite cheap. But I am losing patience with it and got to the point that I dread going because it's so boring!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

4 hours?!?! thats ridiculous!!!! i have a cut and blow dry and prob in just over an hour!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

4 hours, they should be paying you! Imagine how much of your life is wasted at the hairdressers! I'm a red head naturally, and my hair is a bugger to lift, I also have ridiculous amounts of hair but my hairdresser only takes 2.5 hours max to do mine this includes cut, colour, styling etc.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

That's very long. A colour, cut and blowdry for me is less than two hours.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it depends on what colour you have? I have a 10 minute consultation, woven highlights which take about 30 minutes to put on, they then have to stay on for circa 40 minutes, a wash (we get head and hand massages!) takes another 10, cut would be about 20 mins and style another 20 so it takes me a good 2 - 2.5 hours generally.

If you have whole head woven highlights or extensions I can imagine they must take an age to put on but other than that I can't see how it would take 4 hours?!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Normally a minimum of 3 hours for a cut, colour and blow dry. They ply me with booze during my appointment so it's not all bad.

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

I always have a full head of highlights and I have a lot of hair so it takes 3 hours for that along with a cut. It's always taken that long no matter which hairdressers I go to. I imagine if you have very long hair and get a full head done it could maybe take longer?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Up to 3 hours usually for highlights. I have a lot of hair, so it takes ages to put the foils in (the stylist always has to ask for more foils!). The colour also takes forever to take. The cut and blowdry part of it never takes very long. I'm happy to sit and relax with a cup of coffee and a magazine, although I now want to go to CB's salon to get booze!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Do it! They're nice in there.

They have a beauty salon downstairs too.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Around 3 hours for me.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

My hairdresser comes to my house so usually takes 3.5 hours to do cut & colour... stopping briefly to snip Mr S' bonce. I do have a lot of hair though.

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

In case anyone was interested, it took 3 hours today. I was optimistic when I got there and there was only one other person in there, as I've always thought part of the problem was that they book too many people on at once. They didn't start my hair til I'd been there 20 mins and left me sitting at the sink for an age. And they didn't ply me with booze, just coffee! I want to go to the salon you go to CB, though I'm guessing it will be a bit too far for me to travel!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It's in London.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At my hairdressers (presumably less classy than CB's!), they give wine out but only if you ask for it. I think the reasoning is that if you are valued and repeat customer, you KNOW this. So at mine, they ask if you want coffee and you say "Oh golly, I could kill for a glass of wine" and then it appears Smiley smile

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

That is definitely a better way of doing it, FTLOMB. At mine, they take your coat and offer you fizz before they offer a coffee!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See, I think your way sounds better Smiley smile

• l0vaduck
    Beginner April 2008
    l0vaduck ·
    • Hide content

For a colour, minimum 3 hours, but my hair is very thick. I also enjoy the experience - very relaxing and I get on well with my hairdresser so we catch up while I'm there. If I blow-dry my own hair (which I never do) it takes a minimum of 3/4 hour.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics