Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2011

How long does a veil take to arrive?

Aleox, 20 May, 2011 at 11:03 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm having a bit of a stress with my wedding dress and veil. I ordered my dress in September but didn't order my veil at the time as was unsure of whether I wanted one or not. Since then I've decided I do want one, but when I went to order one from my bridal shop, as my dress was no longer in stock there I couldn't order my veil as I wasn't sure if it'd match my dress in colour etc, so my shop advised me to just order my veil when my dress came in. That would be fine but with 6 weeks until my wedding my dress STILL hasn't arrived ☹️ and it'll probably be a few weeks until it comes in! I asked my dress shop and they said they said they could get it in last minute but I'm really unsure...I've looked at veils online and they're all saying they take 4-6 weeks to make and you have to order in advance... so I'm just really stressing by the time my dress comes in it'll be too late to order a veil! Does anyone know how long veil's usually take to arrive? Or can you buy them in shops/already made? All the ones I've seen need to have weeks to be made or look really cheap and tacky. I don't mind getting a second hand one but then I'd be worried the seller might not send it in time ☹️ I'm really unsure what to do... don't know whether to just buy a veil but then I risk it being the wrong colour as it was so long ago I ordered my dress now all I remember is that it was white but not diamond white but I can't really remember what shade ? Much thanks x

5 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 20 May, 2011 at 13:13
  • Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure I remember just buying mine off the shelf. What colour is your dress?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Mine came within a week.

• A
    Beginner July 2011
    Aleox ·
    • Hide content

Cricket bride where did you buy your veil? was it from the shop? Purple pixie did you buy yours from a bridal shop? My dress is white but I remember it wasn't 'bright white' if that makes sense?!?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Yep. I had my dress remade a couple of weeks before so needed to see exactly what colour would match it.

• A
    Beginner July 2011
    Aleox ·
    • Hide content

Do you know who was the supplier of your veil CB?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It was made by the Stephanie Allin girls.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics