Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

how long does it take the pill to come out of your system?

25 May, 2010 at 14:39 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

Having been on the pill for 5 years (i think) 4 years on the usual one that everyone gets then having to change because my mum had breast cancer and theres a link (so they say) and my bad headaches i was put on the mini pill.........mini pill is utter junk! so i have stopped taking it!

how long will it take for me to be back to normal again??

thankies

11 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 5 June, 2010 at 23:31
  • B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I think theoretically you can get pregnant from the first month. Personally my periods have never gone back to what they were pre-pill (in terms of regularity). It took about 3 months for me to feel "more myself again", e.g. the headaches, feeling low etc. I was on Cilest for just over 2 years.

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

The pill isnt the be all and end all.

I had the injection for 5 years. It was fantastic for me, No periods, no forgetting to take tablets, no risk if you get tummy upset or sickness, just a trip to the Drs every 3 months and its all sorted!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering this too. But we are trying for a baby with 3mths to the wedding. eeek!

Max how was being pregnant on hen do and wedding day itself? This is main worry as I don't want to be feeling sick or yucky on the day itself (if I do end up pregnant).

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

I had no sickness, no yukky feelings (apart from nerves!)

I was 25 weeks pg and my dress was still perfect. The only thing that I couldnt do was drink lots. I had a glass of champagne in my hand pretty much all night but hardly had any!

and TBH it was great being able to remember the whole day ?

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to interupt the thread but quick question for you Max.

With the injection do you get no periods at all then? I'm a dancer and the one thing i like about the pill is being able to control my periods, like if we have a show coming up i'll just carry on taking it?

x

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was on the injection for a while, and it didn't stop my periods, although it did make them a lot lighter and less painful. I think there is a chance of it, but it's not a definite. How blissful would it be to never have a period again!

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

I didnt have any periods at all. I thought that was the norm - but guess everyone is different. How about trying it for 3 months and seeing how you get on?

xxx

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies,

I need a repeat prescription for my pill so i might speak to the nurse before hand.

xxx

• DaisyDaisy
    DaisyDaisy ·
    • Hide content

Stopped taking it (on for 10+years) 10 days before the wedding. First time we had sex after that, the wedding night, I got pregnant. So, in answer to the OP. not all that long really.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

TB I was on the pill for 5 years (from age 17) and when I stopped it took about 8 months for my period to arrive.

I am on the injection now and haven't had a period in 5 years.

I hope your weight issue is getting better now you are living together. xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics