Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

smilesjp
Beginner July 2015

How long does it take to sign the register?

smilesjp, 2 of June of 2014 at 16:44 Posted on Planning 0 7

I need to organise the music whilst we sign our register, but have no idea how long it usually takes to sign one?! Any ideas?

7 replies

Latest activity by miss pickle, 3 of June of 2014 at 00:22
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

It's been suggested to us that it can take up to 15 minutes so make sure you have enough for that. We've picked three songs that can be played twice over if necessary but we simply couldn't find any more that really appealed to both of us

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

15 minutes?!? My registrar asked me to pick 3 songs, one for walking in, one for signing the register and one for walking out. I should probably make sure my pianist has a back up for the register signing then??

• M.Y.Wedding Photography
    M.Y.Wedding Photography ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest around 15 minutes: 5 min for signing itself and then another 5-10 min for formal shots and shots taken by your guests.?

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

First time round I had this for the register signing and it was long enough to cover the signing, the witnesses signing and the photos by both the official photographer and guests who wanted photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQeSfNLs5c

15 minutes therefore sounds excessive to me. If you have a song picked out and it's not long enough, I'm sure your venue can hit repeat.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

We've picked two songs which add up to just over 11 minutes so I'm hoping it will take bout that long! ?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Just looked at the image data from Saturdays wedding (church ) and it was 8 mins total from first sig to bride and groom photo.

If it is a church then the actual signing could be longer than a non Church venue as there is another registrar who is there to help with the info so all that is needed is a signature, but after the official photos all of your guests will be wanting to take their photos so that bit will take longer than in the church where it is just the official photographer.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Generally, it's only 5 minutes or so. Can be a little longer. But I photographed a wedding last summer where the groom made a mistake - the two registers have to be identical copies, so if there's a mistake you have to start again. That's why you should make sure there's enough music!

I've only seen it happen once and the vicar said it was the first time in his career he'd had to start again. The problem is they fill it all in before the ceremony but if you make a mistake they have to re-do what they did before the ceremony and have you re-sign the new pages. Register signing took about 20 minutes that day!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

We were asked by the venue to pick two songs for the signing of the register so I hope the two we've picked last the required amount of time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics