Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kj82
Beginner December 2010

How long does it take to walk down the aisle??????

kj82, 6 of May of 2010 at 21:18 Posted on Planning 0 9

Lol, a bit of a strange thing to ask but we're just thinking about entrance music and most songs we like dont get going for at least 30 odd seconds. I really like the Jonathan Cain Here Comes The Bride which is around 2 mins. My bridesmaids will be walking down before me, what if the music runs out??? How much of the song will get heard?? Has anyone practised how long it will take? lol, am I being really dim??

Thanks ladies!!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Michal, 18 of November of 2020 at 22:41
  • debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

This is something i've been thinking about as well...would be interested to see how this goes!

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

OMG! i havent thought about this!

would to know the answer as we have kind of chosen the processional song.

suppose it would also depend on how long the aisle is and (like you say) if you have anyone going down before you.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I also want Jonathan Cain and figured that the "Here comes the bride" bit starts halfway through so I will send bridesmaids first.

I went to my church to visit, put my headphones in and ambled down the aisle pretending to look at the decorative ceiling!!! Hurrah it fits, although you do have to walk quite slowly!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

As cosmo says, depends how long the aisle is. Mine is about 15 feet, so about two seconds.... and I wouldn't worry about the track running out. 2 minutes is an age.

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Depends low long the aisle is, how fast you walk and how many people need to get down it!

• C
    Beginner April 2022 East Sussex
    Catrina ·
    • Hide content
    Hi all
    I thought about this and what I’m doing is gathering everyone who will be walking down together and going to the venue to try it out. Smiley smile xx

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't tell you how many times I have seen the bridesmaids walking up and down a hotel corridor humming the tune practising their walk just before the wedding.Smiley smile

• V
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Whatever music I have to walk down the aisle to (haven't decided yet!), if it doesn't get going or isn't at the bit I want to be walking to, then I'm going to make them play the music for a little while before I start walking!

Having said that, I do plan on having whatever music I want edited so it isn't really long - I don't want to give my OH a heart attack thinking that I'm not coming!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It depends on how long the aisle is and how fast you walk!

You can always stand outside for the first bit if the song is too long - that's what we did, and the photographer got some great shots while we were waiting!

• Michal
    South Yorkshire
    Michal ·
    • Hide content

Don't walk too fast, give your photographer a little bit more time! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics