Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How long in between engagement and wedding for you?

29 January, 2013 at 12:30

Posted on Planning 68

We booked our wedding 19 months in advance. I now have less than 8 months to go and I am a starting to wish it was just here! I have thought about it so much now I just want something to happen. We decided to leave so long in between getting engaged and getting married so we could save up enough...

We booked our wedding 19 months in advance. I now have less than 8 months to go and I am a starting to wish it was just here! I have thought about it so much now I just want something to happen.

We decided to leave so long in between getting engaged and getting married so we could save up enough money to pay for want we wanted. I don't deny practically that this was a sensible idea, but I still wish the wedding was a little sooner.

I know my wedding enthusiasm tends to come in peaks and troughs, but I am definitely in a trough at the moment.

So what do you think is the ideal engagement length for maximum enthusiasm but minimum debt?

68 replies

• F
    Beginner May 2015
    Foxy2207 ·
    • Hide content

We have just got engaged and are planning on getting married in May/June 2015 to give us time to save up for it. If we had the money then I would be planning it for alot sooner.

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content

3 years and 7 months. It was only going to be 2 years, but we found out we was expecting the day of our engagement party.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SM2014 ·
    • Hide content

We got engaged when we'd been together 5 years and our wedding will be 19 and a half months after engagement - although it would have been nice to do it sooner, it gives us and the parents time to save up, and I'd really like to go away for 3-4 weeks for honeymoon too so we'll need to be paying for that?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics