Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shnarfy1
Beginner November 2010

How long should I leave for RSVP's

Shnarfy1, 31 May, 2010 at 23:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have noticed on a lot of invitations is usually states a deadline by which time people should send their RSVPs. If you are putting a deadline how long are you allowing?

9 replies

Latest activity by lamby, 1 June, 2010 at 16:25
  • Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I sent mine roughly end of feb and asked for a reply by April 1st my wedding is June 18th...

x

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    LauraJaneRush ·
    • Hide content

I am sending mine now and have put rsvp by 1st august. Im not getting married until October but need to sort out table plan etc before I go back to school in september. x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

We're sending ours in November with a deadline of 31 January for RSVPs. We get married on 12 March.

• julia (modernphotographic)
    Beginner July 2010
    julia (modernphotographic) ·
    • Hide content

I left a month, to reply. I figured if it was too long people would see the RSVP date think Ill reply later and then forget!

xx

• smyvicki
    Beginner September 2010
    smyvicki ·
    • Hide content

I sent mine on Friday and have put for RSVP to be back by 30th June, that gives people just over a month to get them back. I thought the same if you give people too long they might forget ? Also give me 2 months to sort out table plan

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I've put by 1st October for wedding on 13th! That gives me 2 weeks (ish)!

• M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Crikey Deborah, you're brave, I'd be freaking out if I hadn't done my table plan and placecards by then. I'm going to send my invites out the beginning of August and give until the end of August for all RSVP's. I'm getting married the end of October so it'll give me plenty of time for the seating plan etc x

• emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it depends on how many people you are having though. I haven't sent my invitations out yet (naughty emmy) but I've put RSVP by 1st August, getting married 20th August. I actually don't expect anyone to RSVP formally though because we're only having 51 to the day and 90 at night and apart from OH workmates I'll speak to everyone else at some point. They only need to tell me if they want chicken or fish for their scran. ?

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well i kinda know whos coming anyway! So its no biggie! I have my side kinda sorted in my head atm anyway! Its tradition to send the invited 6 weeks before, so in doing that, it gives people a month to RSVP. I've spoken to any teachers that are invited and they are organising their time off now. Its in mid october, people wont be 2 busy!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

We gave about 7 weeks to reply and the rsvp date is about 9 weeks before our wedding...I did that cos thought a few wouldn't rsvp by then so it would give me time to chase then sort final numbers and budget! The other thing is, if some people can't come to our day do, then we won't 'replace them' or 'bump' anyone up cos we only want close peeps at the day anyhow, but it will mean we can invite a few more to our night do that we currently can't due to venue number restrictions...so that might be worth considering if you want to allow some time to invite more people or count the pennies you have saved!! (Bad that the wedding has turned me into this!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics