Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arpee
Beginner August 2016

How long to allow for wedding breakfast?

Arpee, 4 of May of 2016 at 20:25 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm wondering how long the wedding breakfast will take. We're going to have speeches first at 4.30, followed by a barbecue wedding breakfast at 5pm. We have just under 60 guests, and we'll be going to the barbecue buffet table by table. We're not having starters. After the barbecue we'll be cutting the cake and having it as dessert - we're asking guests to join in with a GBBO style competition, they can bake a cake for our cake table. How long do you think we'll need for all that? I want to work out what time the evening guests can start arriving!

2 replies

Latest activity by laurafish, 5 of May of 2016 at 09:31
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

7.30 should be ok

1st dance at 8.30 if you are having one

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

We're having a three course sit down meal at 4:30pm, during which we'll be doing speeches. We're expecting this to finish around 6:30pm, at which point we'll be mooching around waiting for the evening guests at 7:30pm while the room is turn around. Fingers crossed that the weather is good so that people are able to just soak up some rays before the REAL party starts Smiley laugh

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Like soraneko, we're allowing 2 hours for ours. However we've having a standard three course with speeches built into that, so I'm not sure how much help that is!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics