Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

How long to hear back from registrars?

Sarah, 5 of July of 2021 at 10:28 Posted on Planning 1 33

Hey everyone,

I am in Worcestershire and have to book registrar via an online enquiry form on the councils website which I did one month ago...still not heard anything back from them.

Anyone else had a timescale similar to hear back or should I be worried?

Kind Regards

Sarah

33 replies

Latest activity by Laura, 19 of November of 2021 at 11:23
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    They do take a long time at the moment, so frustrating when you're trying to plan and get things organised. I'd follow up again if I were you, it can't hurt!
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I know they are busy but that does sound a long time. I would be tempted to call and just ask how far behind they are, then you will know if yours had been missed or they have not got to it yet.
  • D
    Curious May 2023 Worcestershire
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Sarah

Another Worcestershire Bride here! I submitted my request late May and was confirmed last week. They explained in our response email that they are extremely overwhelmed with the date changes for this year and that is what is taking priority.
    Thankfully we got the time we wanted so think even though they are taking a while to respond as long as you have give plenty of notice you should be ok! I feel your pain though,I was checking for responses daily!!!
    When’s your big day!?
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Danielle this makes me feel better 😊 i see your day is May 2023? I'm just after you on 10th June 2023. I am so excited & keen to get the 2pm time that we want so submitted my form at 4am ( i was wide awake!) on the 10th june haha

Hope the rest of your planning is going well? Xx
  • Lindsey
    Savvy October 2021 Durham
    Lindsey ·
    • Hide content

I heard back after a couple of days. Maybe you could try sending an email chasing them up? x

• Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey!
    I'm getting wed in Oct '23...
    I'm in a different council from you (S Glos) and I know they said their books for 2023 open in Jan 2022... So does that mean that I can book the registrar then but I just can't give notice til Oct' 22? (if its the same!) it's really confusing! X
  • D
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sarah!

Hopefully you won’t be too much longer then 🤞🏻 I submitted at 6am 2 years to the day and got our first choice of time so praying your eagerness pays off too!
    I want to book everything now but not sure if it’s too early 🤷🏻‍♀️ So far we have secured venue and photographer and currently looking at videographers and band/DJ
    Tell me about your wedding ❤️ what have you got planned? X
  • D
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    Well now I feel super unorganised 😂 and will definitely be getting a move on with securing suppliers. We’re going to the wedding fayre in October and so i think I was maybe holding out for that but you may have changed my mind 😉

Our venue was also the one and only we viewed as we have loved it since we moved here. It’s small venue with an outdoor ceremony space and an orangery for the breakfast. Really intimate and beautiful. We haven’t seen it set for wedding due to covid but I’m so happy with it I’m sure I’ll love it even more when we do. We are also going relatively small with 60 during the day and only a few extras on the evening. My other half and I will have been together 13 years by the time this comes about and we really just want it to be a pure celebration of our love with our nearest and dearest , really laid back and personal.
  • D
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve now also booked the ‘venue dresser’ too! Thanks for the nudge I’m loving getting back into planning mode 💕

So they sent an email confirmation and asked for £100 payment to be made online. £50 to secure the date which comes off your final balance and £50 ‘early booking administration fee’ because it’s more than 12 months in advance.
    My email came through at 18:30 so they operate outside of normal business hours also 👀
  • Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    Im waiting on Birmingham council to get back. Did you send out save the date or wait until confirmation?
  • June
    Beginner July 2025 West Midlands
    June ·
    • Hide content

We booked but took about 5 weeks to get back to us for next year

• Richard
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Blimey... Did u send out save the date or wait for the five weeks?
  • June
    Beginner July 2025 West Midlands
    June ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No waited till we got confirmation from regestrar then send save the date
  • Richard
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    Got you... Just had admin fee debited today so hopefully things are happening behind the scenes 😬
  • D
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    @sarah have they confirmed your booking yet? X
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nope nothing as yet 🙁. I'm only checking my emails every 10 minutes lol. Hoping I hear back soon just to put my mind at rest & i'm having a chat with my dad Monday (that i'm dreading) telling him everything is booked & paid for so was hoping to be able to tell him this bit is also sorted.

I'm hoping today may be the day xx
  • D
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Keeping everything crossed for you! Good luck with the talk,remember he doesn’t know what you have/haven’t booked X
  • Jess
    Beginner July 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    Oh god Worcestershire bride here too and I’m pulling my hair out after waiting 5 days so far! I’d better distract myself somehow
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    It’s a struggle, I’m impatient by nature lol we’ve had confirmation from the venue that they will wait as they understand the backlog so less pressure for an answer. I just want to know so I can start shopping haha
  • Richard
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    We waited about seven days for a Birmingham registrar in the end
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Jess, are you still waiting? I haven't heard still 🙁 x
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Still waiting! My friend is getting married in a few weeks and is waiting to hear back from them about some forms she has to fill out too. I don’t know what’s going on 😩
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh gosh what a nightmare! I hope your friend gets sorted asap. I feel bit silly worrying about not hearing back as it's still 2 years away but it's another thing to tick off i guess xx
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I want to know as vendors are getting booked up already. I've been looking for photographer quotes the last few days and so many are already saying they are booked.

• Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

I've just phoned them (I feel kind of bad being impatient) they said they are dealing with weddings that are taking place this year first but will get back to me. And she advised that they call from a withheld number so to answer the phone

• Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sarah, are you still waiting? I am 😭
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Jess, i received my call last week (Thursday) they were very apologetic about the delay. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you 🤞🏻X
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing!!! Did you get the date you wanted? How long did you wait in the end? X
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep i got the date but not the time. We wanted 2pm but could have 12 - 1.30 or 3pm so we went with 1.30

I put my request in at 4.30am on 10th June and had it confirmed 29th July x
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s brilliant, not much difference in time then, just slightly less of a lie in! Hopefully we hear by the end of the month then. Hoping for July 2022 so I’m getting a little impatient now x
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll keep everything crossed you hear back very soon Jess x
  • T
    Beginner April 2022 Worcestershire
    Tracy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi ladies

I too am waiting for Worcestershire Registar services to get back to me. I only filled in the enquiry form on Tuesday this week, but am keen to get it booked as I don’t want to lose my date with the venue as the date is special to me. My “date” is April 2022 so hopefully I won’t have to wait too long 😬

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics