Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner April 2023 Lancashire

How long to hear back from registrars - Lancashire

Zoe, 3 of April of 2022 at 09:33 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi! I’ve provisionally booked our venue for April 29th 2023 which is giving us just over a year to sort everything out which doesn’t feel all that long! I’m keen to get everything booked but we haven’t heard back from the registrars and were warned there was a backlog. It’s been a week since a contacted them, I just wondered if anyone else has recently done the same and how long it took? Thanks x

2 replies

Latest activity by Rachel, 5 of April of 2022 at 06:23
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Zoe,
    I’m gonna guess the different councils may have different processes & different backlogs but have you tried calling?

When I was sorting ours all out in January, I called the council office for Anglesey Marriage, Births & Deaths and was able to get the time & date put on a place holder for 5 days straightaway. Then once the venue & caterer were all ready to go, I called them back, paid the deposit by phone (full amount due closer to the time), and that was it.
    Hopefully it’s quick to be resolved for you 🤞
  • Rachel
    Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Welcome to the same council
    We rang for ours in November 2021 and still waiting
    We’re still waiting for a call back for payment for June 2023
    There is a big backlog I would start looking get other bits for the wedding soon as you can as availability for 2023 is so limited also your dress as there is a 6 month wait on them too ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics