Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2024 Kent

How long to wait for a reply?

Christine, 6 of September of 2023 at 12:24 Posted on Planning 0 2
Myself and my partner really want this particular band to play at our wedding. My partner contacted them through an online enquiry form which they replied to promptly, my partner however wasn't so prompt in his response to their email and left it for a week or so. When he did reply confirming we'd like to book them based on the quote they never replied. I then also sent them an enquiry form explaining that we had tried to book them but hadn't received a response, I got an email soon after saying they were still available on our date and asked if we are wanting the acoustic duo in the day and the evening band or just the band, I replied just the band with some time frames and also never got a reply, this was over a week ago now.

Every other supplier has got back to is within 24 hours. Should I continue to wait for their reply or is it worth looking elsewhere. This particular band are quite unique so other bands won't be the same but I can't help but question how long it's taking to reply, starting to think that maybe they don't want the custom as it involves travelling for just a 2 hour set?

2 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 6 of September of 2023 at 21:50
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If they are super popular, they may just be incredibly busy. I have a friend who is a musician and weddings are a huge part of her business over the summer - I know she really struggles with getting back to people promptly as she has so little downtime between engagements.

Does this band have good independent reviews from others? It may just be that they are so focussed on providing a good service to the weddings they are attending in the next month or so that they don't respond immediately. Having said that, if you are feeling uneasy about them, maybe listen to your gut reaction.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Christine! Our photographer took a month as the email went to her junk. Our band was 1/2 days at a time. And our doggy chaperone took almost a week. I think it all depends on time of year and reviews. Could you maybe ring them and then you’ve got them there and then? I know as a customer it is frustrating but these factors do help! Also my gut feeling I always go with. Happy planning.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics