Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

How long to wait for suppliers to reply?

mkw, 15 of April of 2015 at 19:37 Posted on Planning 0 9

How long should I wait after sending an initial inquiry for them to reply? I sent emails to a couple of florists over two weeks ago and no response as yet. I know Easter weekend is a very busy time for weddings so I didn't expect them to get back immediately, but it feels like it's been a bit too long now. When should I chase?

9 replies

Latest activity by JanessaBoehm, 16 of February of 2021 at 11:58
  • M
    Beginner June 2016
    Miss-KEM ·
    • Hide content

If its been a couple of weeks I would chase them up now just to make sure they've got your enquiry.

I emailed a car company about a car for OH and they didn't reply so I chased up and they didn't have my original email.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

It'll vary from supplier to supplier, but unless they are on holiday or haven't received your email a couple of weeks should be more than ample.

I start getting itchy feet if i've not had a reply within 48 hours (unless it's over a holiday period of course) but i'm notoriously impatient & a workaholic, so expect everyone else to be too ?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'd expect a response within 48 hours normally. Always check your own spam folder. Sometimes suppliers responses go there!

• P
    Beginner November 2015
    paulamick2015 ·
    • Hide content

I've got the same problem, I purchased a voucher off groupon for a photographer and paid in full and the conditions were to email them direct with the date and a copy of the voucher purchased. I have done this on the 7th April and still have not heard anything back. I was worried about contacting them again just in case I seemed pushy and them they dont want to work with me and I would have lost all that money then, so in 2 minds with what to do.

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Elsie81 ·
    • Hide content

Two weeks is a long time - even if they're busy with Easter, they could send a quick reply to acknowledge your enquiry.

I had the same issue with florists. I sent one an email asking their availability and a rough quote for the bouquets/centrepieces etc - no reply. I went in to another, went through what I was looking for, and she said she would email me prices. No email! I chased and got an apologetic response promising prices soon, still no reply! I phoned round and that's how I found the one I'm using.

I think it's worth giving them a call if you haven't heard within a week. Also, phoning is more direct - they can tell you straight off if they're free that day, I find it moves things along more quickly than waiting for emails. Hope that helps.

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

Two weeks is a lot. We usually reply within 24h. Maybe your email went to the spam folder for some reason?

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

I had the same thing with florists, I emailed 6 or 7 and only got a reply from one and that took 3 weeks! I ended up booking a couple of appointments at a wedding fair instead.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Re: the groupon tog. id send one more email - if no response claim back through groupon. i did this with a driving lesson one as the provider didnt respond within 2 weeks. so long as the printed groupon hasnt been activated (printing is fine), then you should get a refund with no issues.

• Fairytales19
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairytales19 ·
    • Hide content

Some suppliers are terrible at getting back! One decorating company responded 3 MONTHS after my initial email. Needless to say I had already booked someone else.

I chase after a week if I had a response or sooner if it's urgent.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics