Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Beginner February 2023 Cambridgeshire

How long to wear veil on the day

Rachel, 14 of January of 2023 at 10:39 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

Fellow brides who are wearing a veil, when are you planning on taking it off during the day?

I'm wearing a veil and really undecided about how long i want to wear it for and that's going to decide how i have my hair. I'm having an up do and really liked a style with my hair quite high and the veil below but then i'm thinking i'll want to take it off straight after the photos and just before the wedding breakfast. If i do that having the up do a bit lower with the veil above might be better as that hair style looks better without the veil. Both styles look great, so i think it all depends on when the veil comes out.

So now i'm wondering what other brides who are wearing a veil are thinking about how long you will have it in for?

4 replies

Latest activity by Elizabeth, 14 of January of 2023 at 15:49
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

My veil is long (chapel length) so I’m taking it off straight after photos otherwise it’ll really annoy me. I am similar to you except my dilemma is hair up or down - up is better with the veil, down is better without. I’m going to make a decision next week at my hair trial.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I thought I would take it off after photos but ended up keeping it in all day! Mine was a half length one so wasn't restrictive, had to push it back in after the meal but forgot it was there to be honest. Mine was over my hair, pic of hair below for inspo. If you have it high them you can go up and under but my hairdresser said to take out it would likely pull the bun out a bit so opted for an over position, yo could still see the hair style through How long to wear veil on the day 1

How long to wear veil on the day 2

• A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a cathedral length veil and plan to keep it on until just after the speeches, although I am aware that cathedral veils can get VERY annoying. However, we are planning to have 15 more minutes of couples photos after the speeches just before it gets dark (our other photos will have been taken at our ceremony venue) which will be a good opportunity to get photos of my dress without the veil on, alongside photos cutting the cake and during the first dance. If we weren't having those extra 15 minutes I would probably take it off earlier, or I think I would regret not having enough photos where my dress isn't somewhat covered!

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    My friend took hers off after the ceremony and first few pics and really regretted it as she doesn’t have many pictures of it. I think it kept getting stood on though so I can imagine that’s very annoying.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics