Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bobbys_Girl
Beginner October 2017

How long was your church service?

Bobbys_Girl, 2 of October of 2015 at 12:38 Posted on Planning 0 4

Everything on Google is telling me that church services are about half an hour.

If you had one, how long was it? Half an hour seems shorter than I remember them to be!

4 replies

Latest activity by Nikkijj86, 2 of October of 2015 at 18:48
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

After photographing 100s of weddings I would say that you can count on a C of E service being 40 mins.

But that's not just it, don't forget that everyone then has to come out of the church - congratulate you and even if you think you are leaving straight away you wont be in the car before an hour and that is with minimum amount of photos there.

And if you haven got someone taking control (like the photographer ) and moving things along you could end up at the church for longer than you think

So allow at least 1 hour from you arriving to getting back in the car, so long as you keep things moving on.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Depends on the religion and ceremony. Roman Catholic ceremonies can go on for an hour.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'd allow 40min for a C of E service, that's if you have the usual 3 hymns and a couple of readings. The vicar usually does a "sermon" so it depends on the length of that too.

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

Ok, thanks. Ours in a Baptist Church, no other churches will marry us. I gave an hiur and a half including greeting after and very few photos etc so an hour is good Smiley smile

Thanks!

• Nikkijj86
    Beginner April 2016
    Nikkijj86 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a catholic ceremony and were given two options, a non Eucharistic service, which we opted for. Which is 30 minutes plus 15 minutes for the signing of the register or a Eucharistic service which would be an hour plus the register signing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics