Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*libby*
Beginner June 2011

How many are coming (or went) on your hen night?

*libby*, 27 of March of 2011 at 11:28 Posted on Planning 0 18

I am sorting out my hen night and I am going to a hotel for one night for a night out and spa the next day.

I am also having a meal on the Friday night for the guests that don't fancy or cant make the hotel night which was meant to be a quieter night mainly for MOB, MOG and step MOG and aunties. Now MOG and step MOG and aunties aren't even coming but thats another issue!

I have 11 for the meal (at the moment) which is fine.

There are only 6 of us (inc me!) for the hotel night now, I'm sure it will be fine as they are all fun (slightly crazy )people but don't want people to show up and be disapointed!

My OH has around 20 people going on his stag so maybe i'm just comparing!

So how many people were on/are coming on your hen do?

18 replies

Latest activity by Samantha, 4 of March of 2024 at 11:24
  • GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

There's 16 of us, would have been more but as is always the way, some people can't make it!

Numbers don't make a hen do as long as your good friends are there.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a big 'do', just inviting my best friends and immediate family - Probably inviting under 10 people!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I've a work one which 10 of us are going to chester for the night- still not planned the crazy one with the girls which will have about 12

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Planning on my 'stag night' being a big fat zero - don't want or need one Smiley smile

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

My hen was fairly spur of the moment - wee sis my CBM was in glasgow at uni while organising it and isn't a great organiser really. By the time she'd told me the date most of my friends had other plans for that night so it ended up me, mum, sil and sister for dinner with a couple extras for drinks before or after but we had a great time.

I;d say it really doesn't matter how many are there, just that you have a good time yourself which everyone knows is possible even in a group of as few as 2!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

There was 8 of us in the end and it was perfect. I had invited about 6 more who couldn't make it for a variety of reasons.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I've invited 9 but i think there will be about 6 of us, we're just having a limo, meal and clubbing. Ive just invited close friends.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 2 events:

1. Dinner out with loads of friends. I made the mistake of replying to a male friend who asked if he could come "only if you wear a skirt and lipstick" so I may have a few cross dressers too. About 20 people for dinner and giggles I suppose.

2. Spa day with fishes, manicure, pedicure and facial for me, my mum, my sister, my niece, OH's mum and OH's sister.

Should be a laugh!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I've invited 22 to my hen do but I anticipate only 12 or so showing up. OH is having a night in with a curry and PS3 with his best men so mine far out-does his! lol.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Ive got 12 girlies coming with me to Majorca, OH has 14 going to his.

But Im being greedy and having another hen night in Derby a few weeks later and Im hoping there will be quite a few attending.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm inviting about 15 people to mine, but the day is split into two parts (afternoon tea, and then going out dancing in the evening) so not everyone can or will come to both. I imagine we'll have about 10-13 or so at the afternoon tea (inviting mums and my BMs aged 13 and 15) and then maybe 7-10 for the evening.

Really though, numbers don't matter and I'd be just as happy to have a night in watching films and having a girly sleepover with just 5 or so close friends. But my Maid of Honour wants to organise this and I know we'll have a lovely time Smiley smile

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

7-8 for a meal out and a few others for clubbing after. as long as my MOH is there and i have fun, i dont care who comes!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 2 hen nights - one organised by my Mom for my aunties etc and then one "messy" one in Manchester.

For Moms - it's going to be 2 of my 4 bridesmaids, plus 10 of my aunties/cousins, Mom, and me.

For Manchester, i've asked we keep it quite small (and removed my cousins from the guest list) as I want to be able to spend time with those who come - in an ideal world it'd be me, my 4 bridesmaids, and my sister (my youngest one is just a tad too young), my SIL with OHs sisters being more than welcome too plus a few close friends - probably 10-12.

Also invited the best man's OH (as felt I should) but I don't think she will come as I don't "know" her as such - although we do chat on FB every week.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Il be having 2 ! a weekend away where they'll be around 16 girlies an then one closer to homer for family etc which ill be around 11/12!!

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I had 2 hen nights- a cheap one for my 'mummy' friends. There were 12 of us on that one. Then my main hen do and there were 13 of us on that one this weekend. My OH is having a smaller one as he tends to have a select few close friends as opposed to a big group of friends like I do. I think there will be 10 of them.

I don't think it matters how many are on the do as long as you enjoy it and spend it with the people that mean the most to you! There were other people that I considered inviting to mine but felt that they were not really that close a friend.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My OHs is going to be very different to mine - his who department from work will go plus uncles etc - I recon it will be around 30-40 lads, perhaps more!

• Samantha
    Beginner September 2024 West Yorkshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content

I've got a list of 24 people to my hen do. is this too many? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics